Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Test and Performance Tools Platform (TPTP) » C++ unit tests with plugin and Visual C++ compiler(Searching for a solution to use a unit test plugin with the Visual C++ compiler)
C++ unit tests with plugin and Visual C++ compiler [message #898357] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:20 Go to next message
Peter Brüning is currently offline Peter BrüningFriend
Hello,

I am not sure, if I've chosen the right forum.

System:
Win7 64 bit
Eclipse Juno
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010

I am searching for a solution for using a unit test plugin for C++ in Eclipse. I tried CUTE, but this doesn't work with the Visual C++ compiler. You can create, compile and execute tests with it, but your information is just shown in the console-view. The "CUTE Test Results"-view is empty and doesn't detect any test.

When I am using the MinGW-compiler out-of-the-box, it also does not working. You can fix it if you set the "-static" linker flag in Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> MinGW C++ Linker -> Miscellaneous.

Because of this, I tried to set the Run-Time Library to "Multi-Threaded Static" in my Visual C++ project (Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Tool Settings -> C++ Compiler -> Code Generation). This has no effect on the plugin.

Unfortunately I have to use the Microsoft Visual C++ compiler. Does anybody know a solution for this problem or a different Eclipse plugin with graphical assistance, which is working with Visual C++?

Thanks for all helpful comments!
Re: C++ unit tests with plugin and Visual C++ compiler [message #898361 is a reply to message #898357] Thu, 26 July 2012 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Torsten Stolpmann is currently offline Torsten StolpmannFriend
Hi Peter,

I think the CDT Forum would be the right place to get an answer to your problem.

Hope this helps,

Torsten
Re: C++ unit tests with plugin and Visual C++ compiler [message #898529 is a reply to message #898361] Thu, 26 July 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Torsten, I contacted a moderator to move the thread! Smile
Re: C++ unit tests with plugin and Visual C++ compiler [message #898690 is a reply to message #898529] Fri, 27 July 2012 08:29 Go to previous message
Hello again,

I've got a solution for this problem:

According to this thread in the CUTE-forum you can use the Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler with Eclipse if you edit the ide_listener.h. Thanks Thomas Corbat!

[Updated on: Fri, 27 July 2012 08:30]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Upcoming testing event: Eclipse Testing Day 2012
Next Topic:TPTP Java web app On remote JBoss
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:15:31 GMT 2024