Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Screenshots in PostgreSQL Database
Screenshots in PostgreSQL Database [message #898197] Thu, 26 July 2012 01:30 Go to next message
Peter Hancox is currently offline Peter HancoxFriend
I am using PostgreSQL (9.1.3) as my Jubula database. So far, everything seems to work OK except for the screenshots of failed checks that are stored in the database.

Images display OK in "Test Result" view from "Functional Test Execution" perspective but do not display when viewed from "Test Result Summary" on "Functional Test Reporting" perspective.

I can see the data in the PostgreSQL "testresult" table but it doesn't appear to be a valid image. In the distant past I've done a bit of work with storing images in PostgreSQL as "bytea" type and I'm guessing that the insert is being done as a character stream instead of a byte[]; thus corrupting the image. I can't recall the exact issue/procedure.

Can anyone post as to whether image storage works for them in PostgreSQL, or confirm that this also fails for them? Also interested as to how many people are using PostgreSQL as the Jubula database?

If this is a known problem, then I might be able to help in resolving it as I have reasonably capable Java and PostgreSQL skills (but no experience with development of Eclipse plugins unfortunately).

REGARDS
Peter
Re: Screenshots in PostgreSQL Database [message #899491 is a reply to message #898197] Wed, 01 August 2012 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Crosslink to Bugzilla entry:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386180
Re: Screenshots in PostgreSQL Database [message #900421 is a reply to message #899491] Tue, 07 August 2012 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Version 9.0 of PostgreSQL introduced a new "hex" format for input and output of bytea data types. Both the old "escape" format and new "hex" format are accepted for input, however, the default format for output was changed to "hex". This effectively breaks many clients (including Jubula).

Default behaviour can be changed in "postgresql.conf" or on a per database basis by executing the following command:

alter database jubula set bytea_output to 'escape';

After issuing this command and reconnecting to the database, images are now retrieved and displayed correctly. Note that previously captured images were in fact stored correctly and will now also display.

Closed https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386180
Re: Screenshots in PostgreSQL Database [message #900429 is a reply to message #900421] Tue, 07 August 2012 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Peter, thanks for your work and effort in figuring this out!
Re: Screenshots in PostgreSQL Database [message #900431 is a reply to message #900429] Tue, 07 August 2012 05:32 Go to previous message
No problems.

I learned a lot about Eclipse plug-in development, Jubula internals, and EclipseLink when it turned out to be as simple as a PostgreSQL configuration parameter Sad

REGARDS
Peter
Previous Topic: Point to click outside of screen bounds
Next Topic:Jubula: Rename a GMF element
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:21:35 GMT 2024