Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Dali » Status of how users with multiple projects should use dali/persistence.xml and <jar-file >
Status of how users with multiple projects should use dali/persistence.xml and <jar-file > [message #897882] Wed, 25 July 2012 11:12 Go to next message
Max Rydahl Andersen is currently offline Max Rydahl AndersenFriend
I'm wondering what the status is for Dali having support for referencing multiple projects with entities to be used in a persistence unit - JPA it self uses jar-file references for this but that doesn't really map well at design time.

Any tips/docs on this subject ?
Re: Status of how users with multiple projects should use dali/persistence.xml and <jar-file > [message #898827 is a reply to message #897882] Fri, 27 July 2012 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Neil Hauge is currently offline Neil HaugeFriend
There is no real change in the status in the Juno release, but we have been discussing this use case lately. It seems we need to provide some sort of (design time) project to jar-ref mapping capability where the user can explicitly resolve a jar-ref to a development project. The tricky part would then be providing the Dali editing/validation experience to these dependent JPA projects.

I was thinking we could have a way for the user to create a dependent project and then to identify the owning Dali project, from which the dependent project would inherit the persistence unit from the owner. It would take some work to have a different facet configuration, etc, but it seems feasible. Would also require some tweaks to the validation, but all seems possible.

Let me know if you have any feedback on this. Would be nice to add in this functionality in the near future.

Here is a related enhancement request - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=254480.

Neil

[Updated on: Tue, 07 August 2012 14:49]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Status of how users with multiple projects should use dali/persistence.xml and <jar-file > [message #900507 is a reply to message #898827] Tue, 07 August 2012 10:28 Go to previous message
Boris Naguet is currently offline Boris NaguetFriend
Hi all,

In fact, I thought that using a custom ResourceLocator would be the solution, but I faced another issue while pointing to a file in another project:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=381890

Boris
PS: Neil, your link has an extra point at the end
Previous Topic:Potentially spurious validation message about attribute mapping?
Next Topic:JPQL validation errors in named-queries.xml not ignored
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 15:26:36 GMT 2024