Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » LDAP authentication keeps breaking.
LDAP authentication keeps breaking. [message #897659] Wed, 25 July 2012 00:50 Go to next message
Jeff Parker is currently offline Jeff ParkerFriend
I setup Hudson 2.2.1 and everything seems to be working, except I keep getting errors with the LDAP manager authentication. I get it working for a while then it stops working for no apparent reason. When I change the config to allow anonymous login it shows invalid username or password when connecting to the LDAP server. I re-enter the login information and it accepts it and it works for a while. To get it working for a while I had the password in plain text in the config.xml file, then suddenly with nothing changing Hudson stopped working.

I am running Hudson in a virtual machine that is running CentOS 6.2 and the LDAP server is Ubuntu based (actually it is Turnkey Linux) running OpenLDAP. I have verified each time that hudson stopped working that no configuration has changed.

Has anyone run into this problem before? Any idea what is causing this or how to fix it?
Re: LDAP authentication keeps breaking. [message #897802 is a reply to message #897659] Wed, 25 July 2012 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

I believe you must allow anonymous users the Read permissions, otherwise they will be unable to see anything.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: LDAP authentication keeps breaking. [message #899925 is a reply to message #897802] Thu, 02 August 2012 21:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeff Parker is currently offline Jeff ParkerFriend
This has nothing to do with permissions. I have to have anonymous enabled right now because the LDAP is not working properly. I have to keep re-typing the password for the LDAP manager because something keeps happening that is causing it to send the wrong password, then the authentication breaks. I should be able to just setup the LDAP authentication and keep using that but I cannot because it keeps breaking.
Re: LDAP authentication keeps breaking. [message #900062 is a reply to message #899925] Fri, 03 August 2012 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Winston Prakash is currently offline Winston PrakashFriend
Jeff could you file a bug. I'll take a look at it for Hudson 3.0.0 RC!

Winston Prakash
Eclipse Hudson team
Re: LDAP authentication keeps breaking. [message #1066110 is a reply to message #900062] Sun, 30 June 2013 19:27 Go to previous message
Gisela Nogueira is currently offline Gisela NogueiraFriend
Is there any solution for this problem? I´m experience the same problem with ldap autentication, my hudson log show the error below, but sometimes works and others don´t.
Jun 30, 2013 4:06:11 PM hudson.security.AuthenticationProcessingFilter2 onUnsuccessfulAuthentication
INFO: Login attempt failed
org.springframework.security.AuthenticationServiceException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: alterdata.matriz:389 [Root exception is java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host]]; nested exception is org.springframework.ldap.PartialResultException: nested exception is javax.naming.PartialResultException [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: alterdata.matriz:389 [Root exception is java.net.NoRouteToHostException: No route to host]]
at org.springframework.security.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(LdapAuthenticationProvider.java:238)
at org.springframework.security.providers.ProviderManager.doAuthentication(ProviderManager.java:188)
at org.springframework.security.AbstractAuthenticationManager.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationManager.java:46)
at org.springframework.security.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter.attemptAuthentication(AuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:82)
at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:259)
at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:84)
at org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174)
at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter$1.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:84)
at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235)
at hudson.security.ChainedServletFilter.doFilter(ChainedServletFilter.java:73)
at hudson.security.HudsonFilter.doFilter(HudsonFilter.java:157)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1307)
at hudson.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1307)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:453)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:137)
at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:534)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:231)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1072)
at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:382)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:193)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1006)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:116)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:365)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.handleRequest(AbstractHttpConnection.java:485)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:937)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractHttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(AbstractHttpConnection.java:998)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:856)
at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:240)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:82)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:627)
at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:51)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:608)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:543)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)
Previous Topic:No history entries were found for the item and version combination specified.
Next Topic:Setting HUDSON_BUILDS and HUDSON_WORKSPACES
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:20:40 GMT 2024