Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Implement Project Navigator with e4
Implement Project Navigator with e4 [message #897636] Tue, 24 July 2012 20:35 Go to next message
Johnny Qin is currently offline Johnny QinFriend
I have followed some very good tutorials and implemented a project navigator / package explorer in a RCP application based on eclipse 3.x. Now I cannot find such tutorials to help me implement with e4.

I created a project navigator part in application model. How do I bind content and actions? Shall I follow the 3.x way or is there a new way of doing it?

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Re: Implement Project Navigator with e4 [message #897896 is a reply to message #897636] Wed, 25 July 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
E4 doesn't provide a package explorer or navigator -- think of E4 as a JFace on steroids. Although there's nothing preventing the Common Navigator framework from being ported onto E4, it's an effort that hasn't been undertaken so far. But contributions are always welcome...

Brian.
Re: Implement Project Navigator with e4 [message #901789 is a reply to message #897896] Tue, 14 August 2012 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Brian.

Seems there's a "simpleIDE" out there that implements pure e4 navigator and other stuffs. I am trying to learn the way it's done however haven't made much progress yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to implement a similar e4 navigator? Thanks in advance!
Re: Implement Project Navigator with e4 [message #902296 is a reply to message #901789] Thu, 16 August 2012 20:41 Go to previous message
done. simpleIDE is a great example. Thanks to the creator.
Previous Topic:Operations during startup of RCP app
Next Topic:how to enable/disable Common Filters in Common Navigator (CNF)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:04:05 GMT 2024