Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Handling the BIRT Report large amount of Data
Handling the BIRT Report large amount of Data [message #897621] Tue, 24 July 2012 19:19 Go to next message
Annette Rego is currently offline Annette RegoFriend
I am using BIRT 3.7.1. I have one BIRT report(tablular) which has 1700 Pages of data. And it is taking 5 minutes to load. Does anyone has any idea how we can handle this?
Re: Handling the BIRT Report large amount of Data [message #898683 is a reply to message #897621] Fri, 27 July 2012 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
donino donino is currently offline donino doninoFriend
Hi,

I would be curious to know how long does it take on a such big report, once generated in the Birt Web Viewer, when we just switch to next/previous page? Is it nearly instantaneous or not?

Well, i suppose you should add parameters, in order to address this report in smaller parts. If you absolutely need to get the whole report each time, you could probably generate it daily in PDF format and make it available on a shared intranet resource.
Re: Handling the BIRT Report large amount of Data [message #898804 is a reply to message #898683] Fri, 27 July 2012 16:52 Go to previous message
Annette Rego is currently offline Annette RegoFriend
Once report gets generated in the BIRT Web Viewer, pagination(next/previous) is very fast. We can say its instantaneous.
Previous Topic:Report viewer on Tomcat
Next Topic:RCP Designer 4.2: Script tab is blank
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 03:07:15 GMT 2024