Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Virgo » Virgo Bundlor and Class Inheritance across Bundles
Virgo Bundlor and Class Inheritance across Bundles [message #897616] Tue, 24 July 2012 18:43 Go to next message
Thomas Kölling is currently offline Thomas KöllingFriend
Hey Guys,

i have a general Problem. Let's say we have 3 Bundles. Bundle A, Bundle B, Bundle C. In every Bundle is a Sample Class which is exported via Bundlor Manifest Generation. Now, Bundle B's Sample Class extends the Bundle A Sample Class, and Bundle C's Sample Class extends the Bundle B Sample Class.

Is this in general a design Problem? Otherwise, Bundlor does not recognize this dependency graph. If i load Bundle C, i get a Class from Bundle A could not loaded Error.

The problem is, that i use the mybatis bundle with spring on an osgi enviroment. So, the mybatis SqlSessionDaoSupport Class extends from Springs DaoSupport. Our bundle again has a class which extends the SqlSessionDaoSupport Class from the mybatis bundle Laughing

hope someone can help me Smile
Re: Virgo Bundlor and Class Inheritance across Bundles [message #897756 is a reply to message #897616] Wed, 25 July 2012 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Kölling is currently offline Thomas KöllingFriend
Okay, problem solved by adding DynamicImport-Package: org.springframework.* in the template.mf File
Re: Virgo Bundlor and Class Inheritance across Bundles [message #898697 is a reply to message #897756] Fri, 27 July 2012 09:01 Go to previous message
Glyn Normington is currently offline Glyn NormingtonFriend
Dynamic imports are more of a workaround than a solution. The problem with dynamic imports is that they tend to wire to anything they can "get their hands on". In the case of Spring framework, that's probably not going to be an issue since there is likely to be at most one Spring framework available at runtime.

I think it would be worth capturing the bundlor issue in a bug if you can supply a small testcase to reproduce the problem.
Previous Topic:Virgo and Gemini JPA plan failed
Next Topic:Virgo and Mobicents, Integration issues
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:32:04 GMT 2024