Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » EGL Environment issues(Debug/preview runs old code?)
EGL Environment issues [message #897386] Mon, 23 July 2012 22:04 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Eclipse Indigo 32 bit
EGL 0.8.0

I have some RichUI that calls two dedicated service programs. I installed Indigo and EGL this AM with no issues. My project was regenerated and several items running as expected. I performed debug with breakpoints in RichUI and Service pgms and saw no issues.

After some modification I had an error trying to set an integer field with a string. I corrected the record definition to string and did a clean on the entire project. There is no DB associated with the record. Just using it to pass data.

I continue to get the same error. When I debug the error occurs on the same line of code. I have commented the line of code and it continues to issue the same error.

I have shut down Eclipse and restarted OS. The problem persist.

I also note the following:

1. I created a new project and moved a test service program to the new project. When I do a clean on my main project the new project is also generated? There are no references in my main to the new.

2. Several test richUI have been deleted completely from my project. The old JS still appears in my project with the date/time they were last generated.

3. The date on all created js and java (the ones that have source) are per the most recent clean. The date on all created js and java (the ones with no source) are per the last time source was present.

4. When I look at the generated java for the record part the definition is per my change. It is showing a string definition instead of int.

Can anyone from the EDT Team offer some advice? I have used up my talent level.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: EGL Environment issues [message #897388 is a reply to message #897386] Mon, 23 July 2012 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Additional information.

1. Portions of the application not associated with this RichUI run fine. I can debug them fine.

2. I created a completely new project with a new project name. Copied all source and generated. Placed breakpoints. Ran debug. The application stops on a line of code that has no debug. It had a debug in the old project.

Where is this old copy it is running coming from?
Re: EGL Environment issues [message #897515 is a reply to message #897388] Tue, 24 July 2012 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Additional information.

I created a test RichUI and was able to determine I had an error and corrected it.

My debug environment does not work with service programs which created my confusion. I have isolated some symptoms:

1. When I clear a breakpoint in the service program the editor does not show the breakpoint. But when I run a debug session or preview session the breakpoint still executes.

2. When I add and/or clear breakpoints in RichUI they seem to perform as expected. This is in a very isolated test.

3. If I place a breakpoint on several case statements in a service program I note the following. When I encounter the first case statement I am able to resume. On the second and any subsequent case statements I must resume three times to actually resume. This occurs even after I have removed all breakpoints.

All other function works fine. I am able to run many RichUI that use the same dedicated service program for DB access (debug, preview, external browser). As long as I do not encounter service code that previously had a breakpoint everything works as expected without issue.

Now that I have placed breakpoints in my service I cannot continue.

Is anyone else using Indigo 32 bit with EGL 0.8.0 on a Mac? Will moving past 0.8.0 possible correct the issue?
Does anyone have a Mac environment running that they could recommend?

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: EGL Environment issues [message #897551 is a reply to message #897515] Tue, 24 July 2012 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Update for Mac users:

I upgraded to 0.8.1 inside the existing Eclipse. The performance was better but I still could not debug service programs with prior breakpoints.

I installed a new Eclipse Indigo 32 bit. Installed EGL 0.8.1. Rebuilt my apps.

Performed many tests on all the above issues adding and clearing breakpoints in RichUI and Service pgms.

So far everything appears very stable and working very well.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: EGL Environment issues [message #897658 is a reply to message #897551] Wed, 25 July 2012 00:26 Go to previous message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Glad to hear that now it works for you...
Previous Topic:DataTable
Next Topic:Errors in org.eclipse projects after nightly build update
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 08:33:18 GMT 2024