Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) - for db2(Problem in preview results using a type jdbc driver)
COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) - for db2 [message #897334] Mon, 23 July 2012 15:53 Go to next message
Carlos Ferrer is currently offline Carlos FerrerFriend
Database: DB2 for Z/OS ver 9.1
BIRT ver 3.7.2
JDBC Driver: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1)

I have been successful in using COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) to access a stored proc from BIRT. It is bringing back data in preview results. from the stored proc

Then I tried doing a plain sql to bring back id nos to demo BIRT to other developers who will be using BIRT. I saved my changes and had my settings set to only bring back 10 records. There is data, because I used Quantum DB to make sure data was out there using the same jdbc driver . So I executed the sql from BIRT via the preview results.

The preview results indicates it returned 10 records. The preview shows the Column name but the data for the 10 records found isn't being displayed. I have uploaded the results. This only happens with this driver.

Thanks for your help.
  • Attachment: BIRTIssue.doc
    (Size: 89.00KB, Downloaded 264 times)
Re: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) - for db2 [message #897402 is a reply to message #897334] Tue, 24 July 2012 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

what is the column type? If you select * from the first table only do
you get results?

Jason

On 7/23/2012 11:53 AM, Carlos Ferrer wrote:
> Database: DB2 for Z/OS ver 9.1
> BIRT ver 3.7.2
> JDBC Driver: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1)
>
> I have been successful in using COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) to access a stored proc from BIRT. It is bringing back data in preview results. from the stored proc
>
> Then I tried doing a plain sql to bring back id nos to demo BIRT to other developers who will be using BIRT. I saved my changes and had my settings set to only bring back 10 records. There is data, because I used Quantum DB to make sure data was out there using the same jdbc driver . So I executed the sql from BIRT via the preview results.
>
> The preview results indicates it returned 10 records. The preview shows the Column name but the data for the 10 records found isn't being displayed. I have uploaded the results. This only happens with this driver.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
Re: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) - for db2 [message #898543 is a reply to message #897334] Thu, 26 July 2012 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carlos Ferrer is currently offline Carlos FerrerFriend
Sorry, was out 2 days.

The column type is char(08). There are valid records, because when I run the same sql with a type 2 jdbc driver, the 10 records come back with data when I do a preview. I am trying to make sure we stick to one jdbc driver instead of having to mix 2 jdbc drivers.

I can't use the type 2 across the board because I get a stored procedure error that I don't get with tye type 3 jdbc driver.

Thanks.
Re: COM.ibm.db2.jdbc.net.DB2Driver (v8.1) - for db2 [message #898629 is a reply to message #898543] Thu, 26 July 2012 22:09 Go to previous message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Carlos

Is your error similar to:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=346673

Jason

On 7/26/2012 10:42 AM, Carlos Ferrer wrote:
> Sorry, was out 2 days.
> The column type is char(08). There are valid records, because when I
> run the same sql with a type 2 jdbc driver, the 10 records come back
> with data when I do a preview. I am trying to make sure we stick to one
> jdbc driver instead of having to mix 2 jdbc drivers.
> I can't use the type 2 across the board because I get a stored procedure
> error that I don't get with tye type 3 jdbc driver.
>
> Thanks.
Previous Topic:BIRT
Next Topic:Being Prompted for Parameters Again After Choosing to Print
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:40:09 GMT 2024