Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Ant build file copied to workspace dir on import. Relative paths no longer work.
Ant build file copied to workspace dir on import. Relative paths no longer work. [message #897282] Mon, 23 July 2012 13:48 Go to next message
alex t is currently offline alex tFriend
Here is my issue. I wanted to add a project to eclipse, so

I created a new workspace,
and created a new project from an existing ant build file, build.xml which lives in /my/dir/build.xml

Now, after not being able to build I found that the build.xml in the project is actually pointing to a copy of the original in /home/username/workspaces/myproj/build.xml.

my build.xml has a couple relative paths in it, which obviously don't work if it has been moved.

What did I do wrong that it copied my build.xml? how do I rewire it so it is using the correct one?

Re: Ant build file copied to workspace dir on import. Relative paths no longer work. [message #897329 is a reply to message #897282] Mon, 23 July 2012 15:32 Go to previous message
alex t is currently offline alex tFriend
I seem to have figured it out. I think.

I switched to a new workspace, the parent dir of the actual source code( Never had to have the workspace be the same dir as the source before) now the build.xml is the correct ones after I imported them. does the build file have to be in the workspace? and is this the proper way to set up a project like this?
Previous Topic:OSGi Classloader Problem
Next Topic:How to use ASTRewrite to replace a particular SimpleType with a PrimitiveType?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:34:37 GMT 2024