Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Don't know why; Showing error in Ecli[se editior but working fine?(Servlet config method is shown as error in editior but while running it is running fine)
Don't know why; Showing error in Ecli[se editior but working fine? [message #897210] Mon, 23 July 2012 08:32 Go to next message
Jagdeep Gupta is currently offline Jagdeep GuptaFriend
Hello,

I am using Jsp pages and in one page I wrote <%=getServletConfig().getInitParameter("defaultUser")%> to get default value from init param.
and the editor is showing the error on "getInitParameter" method saying that the method refers to the missing type, but if I run to see the output it is working fine and this problem is on a no of other pages also.
Re: Don't know why; Showing error in Ecli[se editior but working fine? [message #897253 is a reply to message #897210] Mon, 23 July 2012 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

How is your project set up? Was it created as a Dynamic Web Project via the wizard, or are you letting something other than WTP handle the packaging and deployment to run on a server?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Don't know why; Showing error in Ecli[se editior but working fine? [message #897404 is a reply to message #897253] Tue, 24 July 2012 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, I have created Web Dynamic project.
It was working fine since 20 days, just now something got changed and it start showing an error.
Re: Don't know why; Showing error in Ecli[se editior but working fine? [message #897415 is a reply to message #897404] Tue, 24 July 2012 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If you Clean and Build the project, or otherwise force it to revalidate from the context menu, do the Problems go away? Do you know what changed right before the error appeared?

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Don't know why; Showing error in Ecli[se editior but working fine? [message #898260 is a reply to message #897415] Thu, 26 July 2012 05:31 Go to previous message
When I run this, It runs fine and gives output also. But in the editor it is shown underlined with red line.
I do not know what changed, I copied the project to a new directory and open by giving the new path, after that it start giving this error.

Previous Topic:Eclipse acting differently on two pc's
Next Topic:Copying A Project in Eclipse and CVS
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:41:43 GMT 2024