Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » How to create Timer event?
How to create Timer event? [message #897150] Sun, 22 July 2012 15:50 Go to next message
Ventzy Missing name is currently offline Ventzy Missing nameFriend
In the "Events" palette there are Start, End, Throw, Catch and Boundary events. There is no "Timer" event. There is "Timer Definition" in "Event Definitions" which I can drag&drop over Start or Catch event.

So...

1. Why there is no Timer event in Events?
2. Maybe Timers event must be created by "decorating" Intermediate Event with Timer Definition, but I cannot create "empty" Intermediate Event, because there is no such thing in "Events" palette.

Am I missing something?
Re: How to create Timer event? [message #897396 is a reply to message #897150] Tue, 24 July 2012 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

The Throw and Catch events ARE intermediate events. And yes, you need to add a Timer EventDefinition to the Catch event. Note that it doesn't make sense to have a Throw event with a timer.
Re: How to create Timer event? [message #898893 is a reply to message #897396] Sat, 28 July 2012 20:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ventzy Missing name is currently offline Ventzy Missing nameFriend
It is illogical to use Catch event (something related to exceptions) to create Timer event (something that does not have relation to exceptions). That is what bothers me.
Re: How to create Timer event? [message #899065 is a reply to message #898893] Mon, 30 July 2012 12:34 Go to previous message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

What can I say? File a complaint with the OMG? Smile
Previous Topic:BPMN 2 Issue: start event to exclusive gateways
Next Topic:contribute to bpmn2 with patch or pull request?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 08:59:26 GMT 2024