Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Debug environment(Unexpected behavior)
Debug environment [message #897104] Sat, 21 July 2012 19:59 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Mac OSX 10.6.8
Eclipse Juno
EGL 0.8.0
RichUI with dedicated service

While trying to debug a service call issue I am noting some behavior in debug that I do not understand. I isolated the call in a test RichUI and test service and the issue persists.

When I enter debug I hit a breakpoint in the RichUI. When I resume sometimes it does not respond (even if I patiently wait. Eventually after resume several times it will resume). I note that the breakpoint is highlighted and regularly blinks (very slight). When I resume through the call to the service it performs as expected and stops on a breakpoint in the service. But then I start getting the following errors at the end of my web page:

CRUI2090E Could not call service: .................
NETWORK err: XMLHTTPRequest exception 101

I can return to the RichUI as coded and expected.

I have noticed that if i let it sit on a breakpoint after returning to the RichUI it will issue many of these errors at the end of my web page.

I also note that occasionally when I hit the first break point I get no variables displayed.

I have isolated my call so I could get through the issue I was having but if you have several calls to get through before the call you want to work on it becomes a mess and almost impossible to track.

I do not see any of these issues in the preview mode.

Is anyone else having these types of issues?

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Debug environment [message #897173 is a reply to message #897104] Sun, 22 July 2012 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Nathan,

Can you try the Indigo release of Eclipse (3.7)? No development or testing has been done with Juno yet, which may explain the issues you are seeing.

-Brian
Re: Debug environment [message #897176 is a reply to message #897173] Mon, 23 July 2012 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian:

Do i then use the 32 bit Linux EGL? I do not want to do any more installs.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Debug environment [message #897254 is a reply to message #897176] Mon, 23 July 2012 12:28 Go to previous message
Brian:

Installed Indigo 62 bit. I got errors during the egl 0.8.0 install (probably me). It did not install.

Cleared it out and installed Indigo 32 bit. EGL installed per update instructions with no issues.

Apps running fine. Cleared up all the debug issues.

Sorry for missing the note in the install notes regarding using Indigo.

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Previous Topic:SQLite3 Connection
Next Topic:DataTable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 07:04:43 GMT 2024