Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Eclipse Juno CDT, Windows 7 64-bits and Visual Studio 2008 won't work(CDT 8.1 Visual Studio setup)
Eclipse Juno CDT, Windows 7 64-bits and Visual Studio 2008 won't work [message #896704] Thu, 19 July 2012 12:27 Go to next message
guy bonneau is currently offline guy bonneauFriend
I have a Workstation with Windows 7 64 bits entreprise edition. I have installed Visual Studio 2008 professionnal edition with a C++ language setup. I have also installed Eclipse Juno 64 bits standard IDE and then updated Eclipse with the CDT Development tools as well as the CDT Visual C++ support. (No other toolchains is installed)

I proceeded with the C++ Project Wizard to setup an Executable Hello World C++ Project. Up to this point everything went fine.

At this point I tried to compile the project. But Eclipse complains with an error: Cannot run program "cl": Launching failed.

It seems Eclipse doesn't resolve automatically the path to the Visual Studio 2008 compiler? (It does under Eclipse Indigo and Windows XP 32 bits)

At this point I decided to start Eclipse inside a cmd console but I ran the Visual Studio vcvarsall.bat before. Now Eclipse can resolve the compiler and everything compile fine.

Yet the indexer cannot resolve any symbols and cannot resolve the include files. I took a look at the Paths and Symbols of the Project properties and there is no build-in values in the Includes directories. Also the languages displayed is GNU C and GNU C++ which is strange.

I checked with another workstation that uses Eclipse Indigo under Windows XP 32 bits and the build-in values of the includes directories are properly displayed.

How can I properly setup the Eclipse Juno CDT under Windows 7 64 bits?

Thanks
GB
Re: Eclipse Juno CDT, Windows 7 64-bits and Visual Studio 2008 won't work [message #896952 is a reply to message #896704] Fri, 20 July 2012 14:03 Go to previous message
guy bonneau is currently offline guy bonneauFriend
I have found the reason of this problem and I opened a bug.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=385608

Thanks
Guy Bonneau
Previous Topic:eclipse code style on comments
Next Topic:mixing static and shared libs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:25:00 GMT 2024