Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Redo displays a small yellow box instead of doing Redo
Redo displays a small yellow box instead of doing Redo [message #896687] Thu, 19 July 2012 11:48 Go to next message
Ivan V is currently offline Ivan VFriend
After updating to Juno the keyboard shortcut for Redo (cmd-shift-Z in OS X) doesn't work as expected any more. Instead of executing redo a small yellow box is displayed in the lower right corner of Eclipse (see attachment).
index.php/fa/10765/0/
If I then press Enter, Redo is executed. Using Redo from the menu works as expected.

I had previously a user keyboard mapping for Redo and removing it fixed it, but only shortly after I got the same problem again.

How can I restore normal Redo when using the keyboard?
Re: Redo displays a small yellow box instead of doing Redo [message #897504 is a reply to message #896687] Tue, 24 July 2012 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dani Megert is currently offline Dani MegertFriend
On 19.07.2012 13:48, Ivan V wrote:
> After updating to Juno the keyboard shortcut for Redo (cmd-shift-Z in OS X) doesn't work as expected any more. Instead of executing redo a small yellow box is displayed in the lower right corner of Eclipse (see attachment).
>
> If I then press Enter, Redo is executed. Using Redo from the menu works as expected.
>
> I had previously a user keyboard mapping for Redo and removing it fixed it, but only shortly after I got the same problem again.
>
> How can I restore normal Redo when using the keyboard?
It works fine for me on Windows 7. Please file a bug with steps to
reproduce against
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Platform;component=UI;version=4.2

Dani
Re: Redo displays a small yellow box instead of doing Redo [message #898857 is a reply to message #897504] Sat, 28 July 2012 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan V is currently offline Ivan VFriend
I fixed it by doing something with the Redo key binding settings. Unfortunately I don't remember what I did.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 July 2012 09:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Redo displays a small yellow box instead of doing Redo [message #1073176 is a reply to message #896687] Wed, 24 July 2013 09:15 Go to previous message
Richrocksmy .  is currently offline Richrocksmy . Friend
I know that this is an old post but I have just experienced this after using the Momentics IDE (believe it's based on Eclipse) for BB10 dev so thought it might be helpful to share my experiences as this is hugely frustrating.

I managed to fix this by removing all the duplicate key bindings and for some items (eg on a Mac, command + right arrow, goto end of line) removing all the bindings completely.

May not be the best, or correct, solution but it worked for me!

Previous Topic:Eclipse (4.2 Juno and 4.3 Kepler) not returning from screensaver
Next Topic:Reorder tabs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:44:30 GMT 2024