Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Minimal Eclipse Distribution(How can I create a minimal eclipse distribution)
Minimal Eclipse Distribution [message #896633] Thu, 19 July 2012 08:27 Go to next message
Chris Dean is currently offline Chris DeanFriend
From other forum posts and my own needs it seems that it would be useful for there to be a minimal Eclipse distribution, somewhat like classic by without anything but the ability to use the eclipse marketplace and update sites, to allow people to easily roll their own install.

To this end I've tried stripping down existing distributions (such as eclipse classic) but don't seem to be able to fully remove the components I just don't want.

I've also had a quick look at the EPP and don't quite understand how to use it.

I'm wondering if someone can produce this kind of minimal distro for me or provide me with some instructions on how to use EPP to do it.

I'm not a Java dev what so ever which might be part of the problem here...

Any help would be much appreciated

[Updated on: Thu, 19 July 2012 08:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Minimal Eclipse Distribution [message #896838 is a reply to message #896633] Fri, 20 July 2012 05:36 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

That sounds like the already provided Platform Runtime Binary downloads (except for the inclusion of Marketplace).

Go to http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/, pick a build, and then scroll down to the Platform Runtime Binary section to find the one for your system.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:add my own plugin to eclipse's project
Next Topic:BPMN2 modeler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:46:44 GMT 2024