Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » cannot use eclipselink 2.x
cannot use eclipselink 2.x [message #896403] Wed, 18 July 2012 09:59 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I have installed the plugin eclipses 2.4 using http://download.eclipse.org/rt/eclipselink/updates/ in eclipses 3.6.

But when I new a JPA project, select the platform, only 1.x is shown, why?
and in fact, what is the platform and JPA implementation combobox for?

Re: cannot use eclipselink 2.x [message #896473 is a reply to message #896403] Wed, 18 July 2012 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Fullbright is currently offline Paul FullbrightFriend
This sort of questiion is better asked in the Dali forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/113/) as that is where EclipseLink UI is housed.

But to answer your question here, the platform is similar to "compliance". It defines the feature set supported in your given project. The JPA implementation is which set of libraries to use with your project, as you could have several user libraries defined, a runtime with built-in JPA support, or plugins as in your case. You are only getting 1.x versions of Eclipse because you have specified the JPA facet version as 1.0. Those are the compliance levels of EclipseLink that are consistent with JPA 1.0. Simply go back a page and change the JPA facet version to 2.0 and all of the EclipseLink 2.x platforms become available.

Hope this helps,
Paul
Re: cannot use eclipselink 2.x [message #896480 is a reply to message #896473] Wed, 18 July 2012 13:53 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
thanks for the reply.
I have returned home and try once again and post all the step in attachment.
1) In step 3 (Configuration), there is no choice to "change the JPA facet version to 2.0", so is there anything wrong? Or I should set target runtime to none in step 2?

2)"Dali forum (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/113/) as that is where EclipseLink UI is housed", I cannot understand these statement, I have not used Dali, I use eclipseLink in eclipse 3.6, why the question should be posted on Dali forum?
  • Attachment: 1.JPG
    (Size: 35.02KB, Downloaded 312 times)
  • Attachment: 2.JPG
    (Size: 59.82KB, Downloaded 288 times)
  • Attachment: 3.JPG
    (Size: 58.31KB, Downloaded 305 times)
  • Attachment: 4.JPG
    (Size: 59.46KB, Downloaded 277 times)
  • Attachment: 5.JPG
    (Size: 53.73KB, Downloaded 285 times)
Previous Topic:@Multitenant guidelines
Next Topic:Performance bottleneck with EclipseLink