Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » Bad install?(Trying to update to 0.8.1)
Bad install? [message #895991] Mon, 16 July 2012 19:08 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Windows XP
EDT EGL (now not sure what version)
RichUI project against MySQL.

I performed an install of 0.8.1 today. I was attempting to resolve an issue that I have since determined was a simple coding problem on my part. Since the install I have multiple issues and a completely unstable environment.

I installed per the EDT instructions (I thought) and had no apparent issue during the install. When I view the about panel the first screen shows V0.8.0. I then view the details panel and it shows three entries:

elipse ide for egl web developers 0.8.0...............
egl web develper tools 0.8.1v2.................
egl web developer tools with source code 0.8.1v2...........................

Some symptoms.

When I enter the workspace the widgets project shows an error. At one point when I did a clean on my project the error in the widgets project was cleared. I have since left and reentered the workspace and the error in widgets project is persistent. Now no amount of rebooting and rebuilding my project impacts the widgets project error.

Several of my richui panels threw an error during design and preview. That condition quit after a clean on the project. I do not recall the exact details but it was a java error regarding "getserial".

An attempt to debug throws the following:

[CRRUI2090E] Could not call service: ___getExistingBreakpoints?key=0.8997986036535702&contextKey=21 InstructionControl.<init>() [native JavaScript]

I apparently managed to installed a nightmare. Can anyone advise what I possibly did wrong? And what the best approach would be to resolve? I am just doing basic development and do not require anything past 0.8.0 at this point. I just want a stable environment.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan Reed

[Updated on: Mon, 16 July 2012 19:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bad install? [message #896005 is a reply to message #895991] Mon, 16 July 2012 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dan Darnell is currently offline Dan DarnellFriend
Any time an update installs I delete the "org.eclipse.edt" projects and then create a new Rich UI project (causing the EDT support projects to come back but at whatever level the update supports).

Sometimes the EDT projects are at a different level than before and their names indicate this...meaning that I then have to go into my application projects and update the EGL Build Path and Project References accordingly.

Then, I do a clean on all application projects.

If you don't do this after an update you'll almost certainly have all sorts of problems.

(If an EDT team member can recommend a better way, I'd love to hear about it...)

--Dan
Re: Bad install? [message #896026 is a reply to message #895991] Tue, 17 July 2012 01:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Hi Nathan,

Are you installing the EDT 0.81 based on EDT 0.8? If it's true, I would suggest to install EDT 0.81 based on a clean Eclipse instead of EDT 0.8. You could download a clean Eclipse 3.7.2, and install the EDT 0.81 nightly build based on that clean Eclipse. Thanks.

Rocky
Re: Bad install? [message #896152 is a reply to message #896026] Tue, 17 July 2012 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Rocky:

Can you advise on the best procedure for re-creating my project?

I have a general archive created through export. Should i import that archive?

Or should I just create a project and copy the source?

Thx,

Nathan Reed
Re: Bad install? [message #896311 is a reply to message #896152] Wed, 18 July 2012 02:14 Go to previous message
fahua jin is currently offline fahua jinFriend
Nathan,

Your approach of exporting the projects as zip file in 0.8 and then import the file into a new workspace of 0.81 has no problem. But in the zip file, you don't need to include the widget projects in the exported zip file. Because as mentioned by Dan, the widget project is migrated to a new version, and the old version of widget project probably no longer works in 0.81.

Also, it looks to me that you installed the 0.81 based on EDT 0.8. Since currently EDT 0.81 does not have an all-in-one build, and you'll have to install the EDT nightly build of 0.81 (the official 0.81 build will be released soon). To install the 0.81 nightly build, you need do following,
1) Download the Eclipse 3.7 (Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers) from http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/indigo/sr2, and extract it.
2) Install the EGL Web Developer Tools:
a) Start your Eclipse IDE downloaded in the 1st step.
b) From the Help menu, select Install New Software.
c) In the Work With field, enter the following update site URL and press enter:
http://download.eclipse.org/edt/updates/nightly
3) Install the EDT following the wizard.

Hope this will help you.

Rocky
Previous Topic:document.location gives nullpointerexception
Next Topic:Form field parsing issue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:37:15 GMT 2024