Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application
Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application [message #895560] Fri, 13 July 2012 14:31 Go to next message
Martin W is currently offline Martin WFriend
Hello everybody!

I'm writing an E4 RCP application and have the problem that my window images are ignored. I have defined all images in myapplication.product > branding > Window Images. Eclipse has also defined automatically my images in plugin.xml > Extensions > myapplication (product) > windowImages (property).

But if I start the RCP application, my images won't be shown. What have I done wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time!

Martin
Re: Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application [message #897722 is a reply to message #895560] Wed, 25 July 2012 07:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sabir pasha is currently offline Sabir pashaFriend
you must check you build.properties file of the plugin myapplication where the images directory is present , make sure this directory is checked (in build property file Editor) or if the images directory is present in the build.properties file .
Re: Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application [message #898017 is a reply to message #897722] Wed, 25 July 2012 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin W is currently offline Martin WFriend
Thanks for replying. I have checked the build.properties and the directory is present.
Re: Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application [message #899079 is a reply to message #898017] Mon, 30 July 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Looks like it is a bug in the model parser. The icon should be represented by the iconURI under a Trimmed/Window but it is not being picked up. Currently the Juno workbench is not using the iconURI attribute to set the icon for the workbench window. Check to see if there is an existing bug in bugzilla, if not file a bug and we can take a look. That functionality should be supported.

JD
Re: Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application [message #957515 is a reply to message #895560] Thu, 25 October 2012 09:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Peter Treitler is currently offline Peter TreitlerFriend
I'm having the same problem with my RCP application.
I have tried setting the Window Images in the Branding tab of my .product file. The image previews display correcty. I have also verified that the icons are exported in my build.properties settings and that they are contained in the .jar file.

I have also tried manually setting the Icon URI of my Trimmed Window in the Application.e4xmi file, but that didn't seem to help either.
Re: Window images of product are ignored in my E4 RCP application [message #962144 is a reply to message #957515] Sun, 28 October 2012 22:35 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

This should be fixed in the latest Eclipse 4.3. integration build. Please download it and test it. See Eclipse 4 Source Code for the details.
Previous Topic:Getting Started - Books?
Next Topic:Port 3.2 application to latest
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:47:13 GMT 2024