Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Hudson » java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin(Compiler Warnings Plugin Java Hudson 2.2.1 CentOS 6 64bits)
java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #895540] Fri, 13 July 2012 13:31 Go to next message
Eric ARNAUD is currently offline Eric ARNAUDFriend
Hi everyone

I have installed Hudson 2.2.1 packaged for CentOS on a CentOS 6 64 bits.

Everything went smoothly as usual until I installed Compiler Warnings plugin in version 4.3 :
- I configure the plugin to check Java compilation warnings in console and in log file (javac compiler).
- I save my job configuration
- I run the job
- After Subversion Check out I have the following exception (and my job fails) :

java.lang.StackOverflowError
at hudson.plugins.warnings.WarningsPublisher.getDescriptor(WarningsPublisher.java:310)
at hudson.plugins.warnings.WarningsPublisher.getDescriptor(WarningsPublisher.java:1)
at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.HealthAwarePublisher.getDescriptor(HealthAwarePublisher.java:53)
at hudson.plugins.warnings.WarningsPublisher.getDescriptor(WarningsPublisher.java:310)
at hudson.plugins.warnings.WarningsPublisher.getDescriptor(WarningsPublisher.java:1)
at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.HealthAwarePublisher.getDescriptor(HealthAwarePublisher.java:53)

That goes on and on for a thousand of lines...

Thanks in advance for any help !

Regards

Eric
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #895542 is a reply to message #895540] Fri, 13 July 2012 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Christou is currently offline Steve ChristouFriend

Hi Eric,

This is a known issue and an effort to release the latest static analysis plugins is in the process. I will talk with someone to see if we can get that released.

/**
 * @author Steven Christou
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #895543 is a reply to message #895540] Fri, 13 July 2012 13:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

Thanks for the quick answer.

I'll be keeping an eye on plugins updates

Regards

Eric
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #895544 is a reply to message #895543] Fri, 13 July 2012 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I will post a response when we the update center has the latest version.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #895643 is a reply to message #895544] Sat, 14 July 2012 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Eric, all the static analysis plugins should be updated. Since this just happened you probably would have to run localhost:8080/pluginManager/checkUpdates to get the plugin manager to update.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #895937 is a reply to message #895643] Mon, 16 July 2012 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

Thanks for the update. I haven't the exception anymore but I don't see the warning details as usual

The "Details" tab remains empty despite the number of warnings found.

I am using the plugin to check Java Compiler (javac) warnings

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Eric
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #896021 is a reply to message #895937] Mon, 16 July 2012 23:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Are you using the open jdk or oracle jdk and what version specifically. I believe there is a fix for a false positive being reported in the logs for javac, along with a few other major fixes. I could investigate those and let you know if it's safe to use. When I did my testing though I never ran into that issue before, maybe it can't find the source code. Can you send me the log information, go to localhost:8080/log/all (or Manage Hudson> Logs > All Hudson Logs) and there might be a possible issue.

Thanks,
Steve

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #896061 is a reply to message #896021] Tue, 17 July 2012 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

I am using Oracle JDK :
[hudson@Station hudson]$ java -version
java version "1.6.0_31"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_31-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.6-b01, mixed mode)

As the project I am working on is commercial I can't give give all the logs but there are some extracts :
16 juil. 2012 20:00:50 hudson.triggers.SCMTrigger$Runner run
INFO: SCM changes detected in xxxxxx-Trunks. Triggering  #911
16 juil. 2012 21:24:38 hudson.model.Run run
INFO: xxxxxx-Trunks #911 main build action completed: SUCCESS
16 juil. 2012 21:24:41 hudson.plugins.findbugs.parser.FindBugsParser findSourceFile
ATTENTION: Can't resolve absolute file name for file EventData.java, dir list = [...]
[...]
GRAVE: Parse Error at line 2 column 10: Document root element "pmd-cpd", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "pmd-cpd", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:131)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:384)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:318)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.rootElementSpecified(XMLDTDValidator.java:1621)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:1900)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:764)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1363)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1318)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3104)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:922)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
	at org.apache.commons.digester3.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1588)
	at org.apache.commons.digester3.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1624)
	at hudson.plugins.dry.parser.cpd.CpdParser.accepts(CpdParser.java:48)
	at hudson.plugins.dry.parser.DuplicationParserRegistry.parse(DuplicationParserRegistry.java:70)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.parseFile(FilesParser.java:358)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.parseFiles(FilesParser.java:317)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.invoke(FilesParser.java:266)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.invoke(FilesParser.java:31)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:758)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740)
	at hudson.plugins.dry.DryPublisher.perform(DryPublisher.java:169)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.HealthAwarePublisher.perform(HealthAwarePublisher.java:338)
	at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:19)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:630)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:608)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:584)
	at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.post2(Build.java:159)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.post(AbstractBuild.java:553)
	at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1390)
	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)
16 juil. 2012 21:25:05 org.apache.commons.digester3.Digester error
GRAVE: Parse Error at line 2 column 10: Document is invalid: no grammar found.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document is invalid: no grammar found.
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:131)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:384)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:318)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.handleStartElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:1910)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(XMLDTDValidator.java:764)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:1363)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDriver.scanRootElementHook(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:1318)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:3104)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:922)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:511)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:808)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(AbstractSAXParser.java:1205)
	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(SAXParserImpl.java:522)
	at org.apache.commons.digester3.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1588)
	at org.apache.commons.digester3.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1624)
	at hudson.plugins.dry.parser.cpd.CpdParser.accepts(CpdParser.java:48)
	at hudson.plugins.dry.parser.DuplicationParserRegistry.parse(DuplicationParserRegistry.java:70)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.parseFile(FilesParser.java:358)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.parseFiles(FilesParser.java:317)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.invoke(FilesParser.java:266)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.FilesParser.invoke(FilesParser.java:31)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:758)
	at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:740)
	at hudson.plugins.analysis.core.HealthAwarePublisher.perform(HealthAwarePublisher.java:338)
	at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:19)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.perform(AbstractBuild.java:630)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:608)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:584)
	at hudson.model.Build$RunnerImpl.post2(Build.java:159)
	at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.post(AbstractBuild.java:553)
	at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1390)
	at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
	at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
	at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)
17 juil. 2012 05:09:35 hudson.model.AsyncPeriodicWork$1 run
INFO: Started Fingerprint cleanup
17 juil. 2012 05:09:35 hudson.model.FingerprintCleanupThread execute
INFO: Cleaned up 0 records
17 juil. 2012 05:09:35 hudson.model.AsyncPeriodicWork$1 run
INFO: Finished Fingerprint cleanup. 1 ms
[Winstone 2012/07/17 08:06:34] - Called getInputStream after getParameter ... error
17 juil. 2012 08:06:34 hudson.model.DownloadService$Downloadable doPostBack
INFO: Obtained the updated data file for hudson.tools.JDKInstaller
[Winstone 2012/07/17 08:06:34] - Called getInputStream after getParameter ... error
INFO: Obtained the updated data file for hudson.tasks.Maven.MavenInstaller
INFO: Obtained the updated data file for hudson.tasks.Ant.AntInstaller

But it seems there is no specific log the the compiler warnings plugin.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Eric
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #896066 is a reply to message #896061] Tue, 17 July 2012 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message

It looks like this is failing but it's failing for the DRY plugin.
Quote:

This could also be failing for the warnings plugin too, just the warnings plugin might be hiding/ignoring the error message. I will see if I can't perform an update to all the latest static analysis plugins in the next day or so. When you click on the details page, does it give a stack trace with (None) or does it say "Can't find file..."

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #896069 is a reply to message #896066] Tue, 17 July 2012 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

When I click on the Details tab, the trace file /var/log/hudson/hudson.log does not change. There is no message logged.

The "Details" tab remains empty with no message.

Regards

Eric
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #896998 is a reply to message #896069] Fri, 20 July 2012 18:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

That is unusual. I believe the latest version should fix this issue. I will try to perform the update Tuesday night as I need to do validation on all the other static analysis plugins to make sure those work too, and your problem is fixed.

Thanks,
Steve.

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #904853 is a reply to message #896998] Wed, 29 August 2012 09:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

I am sorry for the delayed answer but I was on vacation Smile

I have reinstalled hudson 2.2.1 with the CentOS RPM on CentOS 6.2. I have installed the following plugins :
- Static Analysis Utilities 1.41
- Warnings Plugin 4.5

And I still have the problem.

Do you need some further information ?

Thanks for your help

Regards

Eric
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #904856 is a reply to message #904853] Wed, 29 August 2012 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Is it the same error(document is invalid) or a new error?

/**
 * @dev    Hudson-ci
 */
Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #905459 is a reply to message #904856] Thu, 30 August 2012 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Steve

I have tried to investigate the problem.

I have installed a Hudson in version 2.1.2 on CentOS 6.2 64bits with the following plugins :
- Static Code Analysis Plug-ins 1.37
- Checkstyle Plugin 3.21
- CollabNet Plugins 1.1.5
- Hudson CVS Plug-in 2.1.0_1
- Hudson description setter plugin 1.7
- Duplicate Code Scanner Plug-in 2.20
- Jenkins Emma plugin 1.26
- FindBugs Plugin 4.30
- Hudson GIT plugin 2.1.1_1
- Groovy Postbuild 1.3
- HTML Publisher plugin 0.6
- Hudson JDepend Plugin 1.2.2
- Maven 2 job type Plugin 2.1.2
- Hudson :: Maven 3 :: Plugin 2.1.2
- Hudson :: Maven 3 :: SNAPSHOT Monitor 2.1.2
- Hudson Next Build Number Plugin 1.0
- Hudson Parameterized Trigger plugin 2.4
- Plot plugin 1.6-SNAPSHOT (private-03/08/2012 14:12-winstonp)
- Hudson Post build task 1.8
- Hudson promoted builds plugin 1.10
- Hudson :: REST :: Plugin 2.1.2
- Hudson SLOCCount Plug-in 1.4
- Hudson SSH Slaves plugin 2.1.1
- Hudson Subversion Plug-in 2.1.1
- Subversion Tagging Plugin 1.14
- Task Scanner Plug-in 4.26
- Violations 0.7.7
- Warnings Plug-in 3.22

This configuration works fine (it is our production configuration).

I have upgraded the plugin Static Code Analysis Plug-ins from version 1.37 to version 1.41.
When I run my build I have the following error immediatly after the check out :

FATAL: null
java.lang.StackOverflowError
(... more ...)

When I upgrade the plugin Static Code Analysis Plug-ins from version 1.37 to version 1.41 AND the Warnings plugin from version 3.22 to version 4.5, all the jobs that are using that plugin disappear from my "All" view in Hudson. I have to downgrade to make the reapper.

All this is very strange...

Do you have any idea maybe in the hudson start command line...
Mine is : /usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.6.0/bin/java -Dcom.sun.akuma.Daemon=daemonized -Djava.awt.headless=true -DHUDSON_HOME=/var/lib/hudson -jar /usr/lib/hudson/hudson.war --logfile=/var/log/hudson/hudson.log --daemon --httpPort=8080 --debug=5 --handlerCountMax=100 --handlerCountMaxIdle=20

This is the default start command coming with hudson 2.1.2 CentOS RPM

Thanks for your help

Regards

Eric

Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError when using Compiler warnings plugin [message #911352 is a reply to message #905459] Tue, 11 September 2012 12:36 Go to previous message
Hi

I have moved to Jenkins 1.479

The Warnings plugin version 4.15 and the Static Analysis plugin version 1.45 work fine if the Scan Console Log function is not activated

Regards

Eric
Previous Topic:Character set issue on German Windows
Next Topic:Occasional buold failures without error message
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:24:37 GMT 2024