Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong
Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895488] Fri, 13 July 2012 09:12 Go to next message
Filip Paczyński is currently offline Filip PaczyńskiFriend
I'm trying to export my scout project, the export fails, an error message such as this can be found in eclipse's log:
org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.wizard.AbstractWorkspaceWizard$P_PerformFinishOperation.run(AbstractWorkspaceWizard.java:131)
	exception during perfoming finish on wizard page 'org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.internal.wizard.export.ExportScoutProjectWizard'.

with asociated stack trace:
org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: could not export server war file
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.internal.extensions.export.ServerExportEntryHandler.createModule(ServerExportEntryHandler.java:54)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.internal.wizard.export.ExportScoutProjectWizard.performFinish(ExportScoutProjectWizard.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.wizard.AbstractWorkspaceWizard$P_PerformFinishOperation.run(AbstractWorkspaceWizard.java:121)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.jobs.OperationJob.run(OperationJob.java:105)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.jobs.AbstractWorkspaceBlockingJob.doRun(AbstractWorkspaceBlockingJob.java:61)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.jobs.AbstractWorkspaceBlockingJob.run(AbstractWorkspaceBlockingJob.java:39)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)
Caused by: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Compilation errors occurred during the operation.  A zip file containing the build logs has been generated and placed at f:\temp\LOCALT~1\dir1092557095920430265warExportBuildDir/WEB-INF/eclipse
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.operation.export.ExportServerWarOperation.buildServerProduct(ExportServerWarOperation.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.operation.export.ExportServerWarOperation.run(ExportServerWarOperation.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.scout.sdk.ui.internal.extensions.export.ServerExportEntryHandler.createModule(ServerExportEntryHandler.java:50)
	... 6 more

Unfortunately, the zip file mentioned in the stack trace does not exists and there is no other information concerning the failed build process to be found.

Interestingly, I can export a blank scout project just fine (but all the logs from temp are still deleted).
More interestingly, I can export the failing project through eclipse's export wizard (as an eclipse application, which is hardly useful in this case).

Best regards - Filip Paczyński
Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895504 is a reply to message #895488] Fri, 13 July 2012 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Could you provide some more information:

- workspace
- xxx.client
- xxx.shared
- xxx.server
- xxx.ui.swt
- any other?

Did you make any changes to the product files (e.g. adding/removing some bundles)?

And the best would be a screenshot of every page in the export wizard. To answer the following questions:
- Does the export path contain any special characters?
- Which product are you trying to export?
- Which client product is included in the export?
- Do you export also a RAP server?
- Are you trying to export a war or an ear file?

Thank you
-andreas
Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895519 is a reply to message #895504] Fri, 13 July 2012 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for your fast reply.

I'm using eclipse 4.2 with scout 3.8 updated from the nightly, but I've encountered the same problem on eclipse 3.7 with scout 3.8.

My help -> about eclipse -> installation details
are attached in installation_details.txt

Projects in my workspace involved in the build process:
pl.biz.concept.erp.client
pl.biz.concept.erp.qi4j
pl.biz.concept.erp.server
pl.biz.concept.erp.shared
pl.biz.concept.erp.ui.swing
pl.biz.concept.erp.ui.swt
pl.biz.concept.libs
pl.biz.concept.qi4jtools
pl.biz.concept.scout.addons.client
pl.biz.concept.utils

The product files were migrated from eclipse 3.7 with scout 3.8.
I took extra care to compare with product files from newly-generated simple scout app and customize them accordingly (i.e. jetty)
Product file and config.ini are attached.

And the best would be a screenshot of every page in the export wizard. To answer the following questions:
- I've attached them to this post

Does the export path contain any special characters?
- No, the path is ok - the empty scout project exports just fine to that path.

Which product are you trying to export?
- /pl.biz.concept.erp.server/products/production/erp-server.product
attached

Which client product is included in the export?
- Swing or none - does not matter. Swing client alone exports just fine. Server alone fails.

Do you export also a RAP server?
- No, I have currently no rap target installed.

Are you trying to export a war or an ear file?
- Currently WAR, but ear fails in the same way.

Of course I might have messed something up. The problem is that I have no way to know what, because the logs are deleted.

Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895661 is a reply to message #895519] Sat, 14 July 2012 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Thanks a lot for the information.

Bad news: I still do not know a reason for your export failure.
Better news: I can provide a way to find the export log files.

The export mechanism deletes all files in the temporary build directory without considering the result of the build. Therefore I opened Bug 385102.

I attached the patched 'org.eclipse.scout.sdk_3.8.0.201206130843' and 'org.eclipse.scout.sdk.source_3.8.0.201206130843' bundles. If you download Eclipse for Scout Developers (Juno) and replace the two bundles. You will be able to access the log directory after the export. Important is to replace the bundles with the same version and qualifier.

Let me know the progress;)

-andreas

• Attachment: plugins.zip
    (Size: 1.11MB, Downloaded 331 times)
Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895822 is a reply to message #895661] Mon, 16 July 2012 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank for the patch.
Unfortunately - the logs are still deleted...
I could actually see the builddir disappearing from temp.

This is what I did step by step:

1. Downloaded Eclipse for scout developers
2. checked the version numbers - they were ok
3. replaced the two plugin files
4. started eclipse with -clean
5. downloaded missing plugins necessary for the build to succeed - rayo & guava
6. restarted exlipse
7. tried to export the project again

I am pretty sure that eclipse loaded the replaced plugin files correctly, because the "Scout SDK" plugin is listed in the "Eclipse Installations Details" window as having no signature - as opposed to any other plugin from Eclipse Scout Project.

Maybe I should setup a separate eclipse workspace for scout debugging, That way I will be able to set a breakpoint somewhere and keep the build logs from being deleted...

Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895860 is a reply to message #895822] Mon, 16 July 2012 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Judith Gull is currently offline Judith GullFriend
Just so you know, there is a problem with the war export on macosX with Java7. Which OS are you using?

See
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=378445
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371215
Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895862 is a reply to message #895860] Mon, 16 July 2012 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm using windows 7

Finally, I've worked it out.
As suspected, I've had an error in one of my .java files which was not detected by eclipse, but was detected by eclipse compiler... don't really know how it was possible. It looked like this:
@Mixins(EntityFragment.Mixin.class)
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The type EntityFragment is ambiguous

EntityFragment is an inner type, defined at the same level as the annotated class. I can't see how how could that cause a problem, since there was no public or package-level type with that name anywhere.

Anyway, after fixing all 'type xxxx is ambiguous' errors the build finally succeeded.

In order to get that simple build error message I had to:
- setup a separate workspace,
- check out scout's sources,
- define run configuration,
- setup a breakpoint at ExportServerWarOperation.java:165,
- run scout in debug mode
- import my projects into debugged instance's workspace
- export project from debugged instance - failed due to PermGen space erors
- increase PermGen space & friends through run config's cmdline options,
- restart, try exporting again
- navigate to builddir in temp folder,
- extract the log files,
- search all of them for errors
Quite a lot of work to get a build error msg.

I think it would be great if export wizard could output all the errors and warnings from compiler into eclipse's log, or at least console. That would've saved so much time.

I would like to thank the community, especially Andreas, for all the help offered.

Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #895889 is a reply to message #895862] Mon, 16 July 2012 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Great job Filip!
That's the first step to become a committer on Eclipse Scout;)

-andreas
Re: Project Export's build logs are deleted, so it's impossible to know what went wrong [message #975969 is a reply to message #895889] Thu, 08 November 2012 08:04 Go to previous message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
Info: Bug 385102 should be fixed with Scout 3.9 M3. Please verify. Tx
Previous Topic:New Keyboard shortcut
Next Topic:How to work with many-to-many entity relations?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:24:27 GMT 2024