Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » "Convert to a C/C++ project" missing(trying to make a hybrid java /c++ project)
"Convert to a C/C++ project" missing [message #895446] Fri, 13 July 2012 00:46 Go to next message
mary ann tailor is currently offline mary ann tailorFriend
I am trying to make a hybrid java/c++ project to use the android ndk.

following a tutorial, I am using eclipse juno for java developers, have downloaded all the cdt software, android sdk, ndk and cygwin.

now the tutorial says i should go project -> new -> "Convert to a C/C++ project" but that doesn't exist in my menu.

i have downloaded eclipse for c/c++ which ahs this functionality. but then, my project there is already a c/c++ project and all tutorials specify using eclipse for java with android and using the "Convert to a C/C++ project" function to make it a hybrid project.

could I be missing some software installation to get this functionality?

my core problem is that while i can make my android project talk to a native class, when i include second class, the header is included but the according c++ file is never fed to the compiler. i tried that with #error which worked fine in the header files but not in the c++ files.

I have tried the same c++ project in visual studio where it references the files fine so i can rule out wrong referencing in the code. I have also tried it with a very simple 2 class project and it is the same. the header file is ok but the cpp file is never compiled which means i can not use any functionality of those classes Sad

i have a lot of these errors when compiling:
undefined reference to `foo::getBar()'

so i have actually two questions: first, how do i get "Convert to a C/C++ project" to show up and secondly, would that be the reason why my c++ files are not compiled or am I missing something else there?

any help is greatly appreciated as this is driving me crazy now...
Re: "Convert to a C/C++ project" missing [message #953216 is a reply to message #895446] Mon, 22 October 2012 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hendrick Prasdito is currently offline Hendrick PrasditoFriend
Try this.
Re: "Convert to a C/C++ project" missing [message #1805604 is a reply to message #895446] Thu, 18 April 2019 14:42 Go to previous message
Anastasia  Stefanuk is currently offline Anastasia StefanukFriend
Hello! Maybe you want to know something more about converting an application from C++ to Java. So I have something for you. Check this great article about it. I'm sure you will definitely like it.
https://mobilunity.com/blog/how-to-convert-applications-written-in-c-to-java/

[Updated on: Thu, 18 April 2019 14:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Gcov Editor and CMAKE Project ...
Next Topic:installing CDT in eclipse java ide 2019-3
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:56:35 GMT 2024