Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » how to fix "Attribute value refers to missing resource"/"Resource not found"?(fix validation 'errors', caused by a non-standard resource location)
how to fix "Attribute value refers to missing resource"/"Resource not found"? [message #895286] Thu, 12 July 2012 11:43 Go to next message
Bodie Missing name is currently offline Bodie Missing nameFriend
Hi,

I have an Eclipse project. The project contains HTML files that point to images and css files.
These files are located in a completely different folder within the project. (because of a custom Apache config)

The HTML validation results in warnings (or an error, if I configure it that way) "Resource not found". This is caused by the validation rule "Attribute value refers to missing resource". The resource, to which I refer in the HTML attribute, does exist but not in the path relative to the HTML file.

I guess that I need a way to specify where the HTML validator must look for those resources. However, I cannot find a config location for that. Do you know how to prevent this validation error?
I don't want to ignore those kinds of validations, but I want the validator to look in other folders for the resources.
Re: how to fix "Attribute value refers to missing resource"/"Resource not found" [message #895317 is a reply to message #895286] Thu, 12 July 2012 12:49 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

The HTML validation for these references makes use of the Deployment Assembly information for the project, but since a user can't easily add that to any project they like, and it doesn't support working across static web projects quite the way they expect, it's possible that we'll pull that reporting out of Juno SR1.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:intellisense for JSDT libraries not working with Eclipse 3.7
Next Topic:Can jsdt work well with jsp in eclipse 3.5.2?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:30:39 GMT 2024