Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Product Start Levels(What is the appropriate start level configuration)
Product Start Levels [message #894505] Mon, 09 July 2012 13:24 Go to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

I found two conflicting resources on how to configure the start levels for an Eclipse4 product and just wanted to check real quick. I am assuming that the configuration listed in the Eclipse4 wiki [1] is most correct, and the resource from EclipseCon [2] is just an alternative. Both work without issue.

Is there a reason one should be preferred over the other?

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/RCP/FAQ#Why_won.27t_my_application_start.3F
[2] github.com/jsievers/tycho-demo/blob/master/exercises/Exercise_05_Add_Product/resources/start_levels.png
Re: Product Start Levels [message #894521 is a reply to message #894505] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
They are more like relative in that the lower level bundle's start method returns before the start of the one with higher level.

Details: http://eclipsesource.com/blogs/2009/06/10/osgi-and-start-levels/
Re: Product Start Levels [message #894524 is a reply to message #894521] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

I understand the start levels, my two concerns were:
- In which order should *.runtime, *.ds, and *.event start (does it matter which one starts before the other)
- By starting one of the bundles with a start level of 0, does it run the risk of preempting any services? (Should we care about that?)
Re: Product Start Levels [message #894526 is a reply to message #894524] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:09 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
I think ds and event should be started after core.runtime (thus higher start levels).
Previous Topic:Future of DI Framework
Next Topic:Some menu items are not displayed in E4 application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:42:14 GMT 2024