Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Add specific elements and new behaviors in a Papyrus UML Diagram.
Add specific elements and new behaviors in a Papyrus UML Diagram. [message #894499] Mon, 09 July 2012 12:50
LE HALPER Nicolas is currently offline LE HALPER NicolasFriend
Hello everyone,

Working on an Eclipse Plugin based on an UML Profile, I am quite at a dead-end.

What I want to do:
I need to extend an existing diagram (e.g. the composite structure diagram) by:
- adding new elements to an entity of the diagram (e.g. add a "membrane" inside components)
- defining a new element type (here "membrane"), and define its graphical representation and behaviour
- adding new properties, or new graphical behaviours, to existing diagrams/elements.

But (please correct me if I'm wrong, I would be glad if this would be the case ^^ ), for a specific diagram, we can't override EditPart/EditPolicies, or even edit the behavior of UML elements or add some new (even default) UML elements to a UML component.

Is it possible to do a such task ? I was thinking about creating a new Papyrus UML Diagram ( I've read the tutorial entitled "How to create a new Papyrus UML Diagram" ). Indeed, if I do that, I would be allowed to edit the properties of the diagram.
However,
1) it's quite radical (I would prefer not to define the new diagram from scratch, but rather extend an existing one)
2) Currently I am not able to download MoDisco in order to generate a new Papyrus UML Diagram.

If anyone has a suggestion or another solution, I would apreciate it.

Thanks for your help .

Nicolas

[Updated on: Mon, 09 July 2012 14:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem with multiplicity for associations in class diagram
Next Topic:Documentation Report generation from UML
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:02:46 GMT 2024