Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Runtime Construction of Topic Strings
Runtime Construction of Topic Strings [message #894378] Sun, 08 July 2012 23:27 Go to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

I was reading through some of the IEventBroker documentation and read that some of the issues/limitations on using DI to subscribe to events was going to be addressed in M5.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Eclipse4/RCP/Event_Model#Subscribing_Using_IEventBroker

Is the listed documentation still accurate? Specifically, is dependency injection restricted if the topic string being registering is constructed at runtime?

Thanks,

JD

[Updated on: Sun, 08 July 2012 23:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Runtime Construction of Topic Strings [message #894496 is a reply to message #894378] Mon, 09 July 2012 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
I don't think that is possible because the @UIEventTopic requires the "value" argument to be a constant expression. If you don't know the topic at compile time I don't think you can subscribe.
Re: Runtime Construction of Topic Strings [message #894531 is a reply to message #894496] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:17 Go to previous message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You're right, that was changed in 4.2. The topic strings were auto-generated from the model instead of the more flexible "construction at runtime" partly because they were always used the same way and partly to help cases like @UIEventTopic

PW

Previous Topic:Some menu items are not displayed in E4 application
Next Topic:Perspective / part not changeable
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 17:05:29 GMT 2024