Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Asterisk as parameter(I have to input a string value with asterisk contained, but Jubula converts * to ()
icon9.gif  Asterisk as parameter [message #893968] Fri, 06 July 2012 09:01 Go to next message
Stefano Lucka is currently offline Stefano LuckaFriend
Hi everybody,

In several of my Test Cases I have to input parameters with the wildcard '*' (without ') to my Eclipse RCP AUT.
But everytime I append * to concrete values, Jubula writes it as (.
I got the German keyboard layout and tried English also, but without success. I also tried to escape the * by adding the \ prefix, but this also doesn't work for me.
Interesting is that Jubula also isn't able to write characters like '(' or ')' for me, because this results in totally different characters, too.

Could anyone help? I've already read the manual to solve this issue, but I haven't found anything about this.

Thanks for any replies,

Stefano

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2012 09:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Asterisk as parameter [message #894680 is a reply to message #893968] Tue, 10 July 2012 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

If characters are being entered wrongly, it could be one of two things.
- Either your keyboard layout is indeed incorrect (you can change the layout in the AUT configuration dialog and you should restart the AUT once you've changed it as well as making sure what layout the system is using for the AUT).

That is the most likely cause, but just to be sure - what system are you testing on, and what version of Eclipse / SWT are you using?

HTH,
Alex
Re: Asterisk as parameter [message #894981 is a reply to message #894680] Wed, 11 July 2012 10:32 Go to previous message
Stefano Lucka is currently offline Stefano LuckaFriend
Hello Alex,

thank you very much. The hint with the keyboard layout Jubula is working with has worked for me.
I thought Jubula works with the Windows-set layout.

Bye,

Stef

[Updated on: Wed, 11 July 2012 10:32]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Parsing boolean to string
Next Topic:Jubula and passwords
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 08:13:51 GMT 2024