Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Perspective / part not changeable
Perspective / part not changeable [message #893959] Fri, 06 July 2012 08:02 Go to next message
Marek Jasovsky is currently offline Marek JasovskyFriend
Hello

how can I set a Part not to be closable? similar to SimpleIDE; where I cannot move outline, navigator, bottom view. if I want a view to be shown (one custom, one live application model), they are always shown in the bottom part, and I neither can move them.

where is this behavior customized?

thanks a lot

marek

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2012 08:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #893999 is a reply to message #893959] Fri, 06 July 2012 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
For the part not to be closeable you have to set MPart.setCloseable(false);

To enable drag and drop add the dnd addon to your app. It is in the swt.addons plugin.
Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894005 is a reply to message #893999] Fri, 06 July 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for answer, but the thing is still weird.

within SimpleIDE Code, there is only one occurence of setCloseable which does not explain that I cannot close navigator, outline, etc. and I cannot either find swt.addons plugin in any of the projects.

regards

marek

PS: maybe I expressed myself not fully correctly. by closing I meant also minimizing / maximizing.
and I am also wondering, within SimpleIDE, how can I enforce, that a specific view is shown in given Part.

[Updated on: Fri, 06 July 2012 11:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894032 is a reply to message #894005] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trouble solved.

also minMax feature is part of addons.swt. including the plugin enables both drag&drop and min/max.

one question still remains open and I hope someone can help me.

when I start the product from within Eclipse, then emf.liveeditor for application model won't start using shortcut Alt+Shift+F9.

if I export whole app to a standalone version in a separate directory, then also live editor works. why is there such difference between starting a version from eclipse and as a standalone version?

thanks a lot

Marek
Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894176 is a reply to message #894032] Sat, 07 July 2012 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
It sounds like your Run Configuration is missing a key bundle. I'd suggest you use the OSGi console and use the "diag" command to ensure the org.eclipse.e4.tools.emf.liveeditor bundle is available. See the following URL for details on using the console:

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Where_Is_My_Bundle#Steps_To_Get_More_Information

Brian.
Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894412 is a reply to message #894176] Mon, 09 July 2012 07:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

now it goes.. and I did not change anything.
thanks anyway for your help

I did look also in the run configuration of the product and the plugin was there.. next time if it happens, I will try to look into osgi console

regards

marek
Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894546 is a reply to message #894412] Mon, 09 July 2012 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Hi Marek,

I have seen ALT+SHIFT+F9 not working if you do not implement @Focus on every Part and if the wrong Part has focus. Maybe this was your issue?

Best regards, Lars
Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894556 is a reply to message #894546] Mon, 09 July 2012 15:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Moin Lars.

in this case @Focus was implemented in all 3 Parts and, as stated above, starting application from standalone eclipse.exe launcher brought me different results, as starting it from within Eclipse IDE. this I was wondering at most about.

I was also trying to click on each part and then launch liveeditor but nothing did work (on launch from eclipse)

thanks for hint

Marek
Re: Perspective / part not changeable [message #894558 is a reply to message #894556] Mon, 09 July 2012 15:15 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

Hi Marek,

I also have seen key bindings fail, if @Focus only sets focus to a label but was unable to reproduce it. Best regards, Lars
Previous Topic:Runtime Construction of Topic Strings
Next Topic:Anyone ELSE have menu items disappear after updating Eclipse??
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:14:50 GMT 2024