Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Eclipse indexing not working(Galileo)
Eclipse indexing not working [message #893936] Fri, 06 July 2012 06:49 Go to next message
liaK C is currently offline liaK CFriend
I am using CDT in Eclipse 3.5.2 Galileo in Ubuntu.

My eclipse's indexer doesn't work at times. By that I mean when I ctrl click a function it says Could not find symbol in index. Also, F3 button click results in the same error message. Actually most of the places it is not working and works in very few places.

I have seen some other versions of Eclipse where under File menu a menu item listed for Indexing. Like File->Indexer->Rebuild.... But in my File menu there is no such menu item for the Indexer.

Will the only way be to use some other release of Eclipse or am missing something? Any pointers regarding this would be helpful.
Re: Eclipse indexing not working [message #894021 is a reply to message #893936] Fri, 06 July 2012 12:16 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend
You probably want to post this to the CDT forum. They'll likely suggest you update to a newer version of CDT, SINCE 3.5 is more than three years old.

Brian.
Previous Topic:Can't hide import wizards.
Next Topic:No functionality available from user-specific plugin location
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:30:41 GMT 2024