Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How do I create the SysML "allocated from" attribute in a block
How do I create the SysML "allocated from" attribute in a block [message #893800] Thu, 05 July 2012 14:16 Go to next message
Gunter Schranz is currently offline Gunter SchranzFriend
Hey,
I started to work with Papyrus and SysML. I have a question concerning the "allocated from" compartment in the block definition diagram. Is this notation possible in Papyrus? I can't find this option. I want to connect an activity diagram with a block.

Another Problem I have is, when I define my own profile, with a stereotype <<myStereotyp>> which uses a block from SysML for inheritance and I draw this in a block definition diagram I always have <<block>> also in shown at the top of the block. Is it possible to remove this or did I do something wrong when I created the profile? If I am not displaying the applied stereotypes, <<myStereotyp>> is gone, but <<block>> is still there.

Thanks and Regards
Re: How do I create the SysML "allocated from" attribute in a block [message #894059 is a reply to message #893800] Fri, 06 July 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Gunter Schranz wrote on Thu, 05 July 2012 10:16
Hey,
I started to work with Papyrus and SysML. I have a question concerning the "allocated from" compartment in the block definition diagram. Is this notation possible in Papyrus? I can't find this option. I want to connect an activity diagram with a block.

Yes, although (to my knowledge) only suboptimally supported. There is no dedicated "AllocatedFrom" compartment, but there is a specific compartment to display tagged values from stereotypes which you can use (see the properties window -> appearance -> profile). IMO the problems with the current approach are:

• There's no preference to show this stereotype compartment and some of its content "by default", which means you'll have to do it manually for each and every block
  • Setting the allocatedTo/allocatedFrom property can only be done via allocation tables (and not via the tagged value property). This means that, you have to create the block, then set the stereotype, and display the appropriate value, create the allocation relationship in a table, and refresh the diagram. Those are an awful lot of steps to perform...

Note that I'm talking about the version that is shipped with topcased 5.2 here, don't know if it got any better with 0.9...

Quote:

Another Problem I have is, when I define my own profile, with a stereotype <<myStereotyp>> which uses a block from SysML for inheritance and I draw this in a block definition diagram I always have <<block>> also in shown at the top of the block. Is it possible to remove this or did I do something wrong when I created the profile? If I am not displaying the applied stereotypes, <<myStereotyp>> is gone, but <<block>> is still there.

Same mechanism (via the stereotype appearances), same problem: you'll have to do this for every block AFAIK.

HTH,

Klaas
Re: How do I create the SysML "allocated from" attribute in a block [message #976363 is a reply to message #894059] Thu, 08 November 2012 14:23 Go to previous message
Luc Vincent is currently offline Luc VincentFriend
Hello,

I would like to push for the introduction of the "allocated from" and "allocated to" compartment in SysML Block appearing in Block Definition Diagram.

Moreover I see no point having selection of Block default appearance in BDD with properties, operations and constraints 'Show compartment'. I'd rather consider relevant to have parts, allocated to and allocated from compartment selected in Preferences > Papyrus > Diagrams > Block.

Luc
Previous Topic:Problems saving Stereotypes
Next Topic:How to open a Papyrus editor programmatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:15:31 GMT 2024