Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Migrate XText based RCP to Eclipse 4.2(Finding minimum list of plugins)
Migrate XText based RCP to Eclipse 4.2 [message #893740] Thu, 05 July 2012 12:38 Go to next message
Michel Simeon is currently offline Michel SimeonFriend
I have an application called Mads that is under Eclipse 3.7 and want to migrate it to Eclipse 4.2 and XText 2.3.

I ended up creating a new project in a new workspace and then manually copying the xtext model and changing all other bits and pieces. It works when i run it as an Eclipse application.

Then I copied the old product and features definition projects and tried to run the product (the application is org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench).

If I try to run it as a configuration with all installed plugins selected then it runs fine. Then I start de-selecting some plugins, namely so far all b3, epp, egit and buckminster plugins, org.eclipse.e4.tools.*, org.eclipse.wst.* and org.eclipse.emf.codegen.*.

I am still left with a very long list, and the much shorter list from my previous version does not work any more.

I there was documentation / examples / tutorials available that would be most welcome.

MS

Re: Migrate XText based RCP to Eclipse 4.2 [message #893865 is a reply to message #893740] Thu, 05 July 2012 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You can check out http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.e4.rcp/feature.xml

That's a fairly complete list of the bundles needed to launch the UI workbench. If you need more bundles, you can try http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.rcp/feature.xml (the RCP feature) and http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.releng.git/tree/features/org.eclipse.platform-feature/feature.xml : the Platform feature contains the Resource based IDE with Text editor support.

PW

Re: Migrate XText based RCP to Eclipse 4.2 [message #893872 is a reply to message #893865] Thu, 05 July 2012 18:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Simeon is currently offline Michel SimeonFriend
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into it.

MS
Re: Migrate XText based RCP to Eclipse 4.2 [message #910815 is a reply to message #893872] Mon, 10 September 2012 12:39 Go to previous message
Marek Jasovsky is currently offline Marek JasovskyFriend
Hi Paul & co.

regarding this, is it possible to set up minimal amount of plugins in Eclipse 4, where I have complete Workbench... (common navigator, perspectives, show view menu, show perspective menu, etc...), BUT no JDT support, no PDE support. I was not able to kind of throw java support away from Eclipse 4 based app.

Thanks in advance

Marek
Previous Topic:Loose coupling of objects with E4
Next Topic:Something like a Singleton with injection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 08:05:02 GMT 2024