Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Include library is not getting listed under Project Explorer for C/C++ project in Juno with CDT 8.1(Include library is not getting listed under Project Explorer for C/C++ project in Juno with CDT 8.1)
Include library is not getting listed under Project Explorer for C/C++ project in Juno with CDT 8.1 [message #893632] Thu, 05 July 2012 03:42 Go to next message
vishwaroop srivastava is currently offline vishwaroop srivastavaFriend
Hello Everybody,

I have created a tool chain with tools as compiler, linker and some other tools. so here the problem is, when I add any library from Include option, which comes under Compiler tool. Or if i add any library from Include path and Symbols Property page, I can see newly added library in Project Explorer under Includes for my C/C++ projects when i Use Eclipse Helios or Indigo. But with Eclipse Juno with CDT 8.1 I am having this problem. when you go to Project Property Page -> C/C++ Build -> Tools -> here for Compiler include option, you can see the newly added library listed. But not in project explorer. I don't know why here in this case behavior is different for my C/C++ projects. I can not see this problem with, CDT's local C/C++ project, . Can anybody please tell me what i am doing wrong. or is there any setting which i have to change ?

Re: Include library is not getting listed under Project Explorer for C/C++ project in Juno with CDT [message #922595 is a reply to message #893632] Tue, 25 September 2012 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Daniel Savard is currently offline Daniel SavardFriend
Have you resolved your problem. I am having the same problem. Since I moved to Juno, the IDE is just a big nightmare. What happened? I am struggling to use it and about to simply drop Eclipse for C++ development.

I just don't see where this is going. I am using this IDE to simplify my life, but I ended up investing time searching where to setup things without finding anything. Where are the old menus? How is it supposed to be organized? I am completely lost with this new CDT plugin.

EDIT: Okay! I found my problem. Need to select Executable at project creation rather than the default.

[Updated on: Tue, 25 September 2012 06:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Include library is not getting listed under Project Explorer for C/C++ project in Juno with CDT [message #926063 is a reply to message #922595] Fri, 28 September 2012 09:11 Go to previous message
vishwaroop srivastava is currently offline vishwaroop srivastavaFriend
My problem is resolved now. can you please explain in detail, in which scenario you are facing this problem ?
Previous Topic:CDT Plugin build
Next Topic:Print message in console view
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:11:04 GMT 2024