Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » New Problems with "Juno"(Error: No rule to make target...)
New Problems with "Juno" [message #893600] Wed, 04 July 2012 19:03 Go to next message
Aram Grigoryan is currently offline Aram GrigoryanFriend
Hello anybody Smile

I have amazed with Eclipse "INDIGO"... it is a realy great IDE for me for creating C++ programs on my Linux desktop. But since it has updated to version 4.2(JUNO) i cannot build and run new projects, the reason is an error: "make:*** No rule to make target 'all' "

I have installed gcc, g++, make, and gnu autotools.

befor JUNO there were no any problem, and still now i can rebuild and run my old projects created in INDIGO. But now my new projects are not going to be maked.
Also i noticed, that instead of "GCC toolchain" there is "GNU Autotools toolchain" now in the NEW C++ PROJECT window.
dl.dropbox.com/u/53352759/projectwindow.png
any idea?

thanks.
Re: New Problems with "Juno" [message #893697 is a reply to message #893600] Thu, 05 July 2012 10:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
Do you really want to use Autotools? Or why did you choose this type of project? Autotools requires condigure etc. that will create a makefile.
And why did you create new projects at all? You can import the projects from your Indigo workspace!

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: New Problems with "Juno" [message #893711 is a reply to message #893697] Thu, 05 July 2012 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do i realy want to use autotools? haahah
not realy, i dont care about that for this time, i want my progect to work...
i have chosen autotools toolchain, because there is no any other in the Juno new project menu...
in indigo there was GCC and Cross GCC tollchains only, but now in juno there is only one: autotools...
yes i can import old projects from created in indigo, but i need to creat new one again and again. also there are boys who are learning C++ in eclipse, and they need to make new projects

[Updated on: Thu, 05 July 2012 10:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Problems with "Juno" [message #893725 is a reply to message #893711] Thu, 05 July 2012 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Axel Mueller is currently offline Axel MuellerFriend
You should select "Executable" as project type in the New Project Wizard!

Before you ask
- search this forum
- see the FAQ http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/User/FAQ
- google
Re: New Problems with "Juno" [message #893742 is a reply to message #893725] Thu, 05 July 2012 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmm, there is no that kind of option... or i cannot find it Sad

where is it? i tryed to find it Sad
Re: New Problems with "Juno" [message #893745 is a reply to message #893600] Thu, 05 July 2012 12:47 Go to previous message
oooohhhhh
sorry, now i see,
i am apologizing hahahaha

thank you, now all is ok
Previous Topic:source file filtering/prioritizing/replacement/translation/transformation?
Next Topic:UML plugin for Eclipse CDT galileo 3.5.2
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:27:49 GMT 2024