Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no data(birt group count is equal to page break on the table then next group header repeat with no data )
birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no data [message #893174] Tue, 03 July 2012 05:28 Go to next message
ramesh pulipati is currently offline ramesh pulipatiFriend
Hi

I am facing the problem when the group count of records is equal to page break, then only the case the next group header displaying with out data .

Much appreciate for your help.

I have attached the report

please go to the record 10103(order number) after the order 10103 page break happend, in the next page 10104 group header comes with no data, then click next page there group header 10104 and data appears. i dont know why the extra group header comes with no data.

Note: View the report in Web Viewer.

This is happend only when the group count of records and page break number are equall.

Regards,
Ramesh Pulipati

[Updated on: Tue, 03 July 2012 05:33]

Report message to a moderator

Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893768 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason Weathersby is currently offline Jason WeathersbyFriend

Can you try setting the page break interval for the table to 0?

See attached.

Jason

On 7/3/2012 1:28 AM, ramesh ramesh wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am facing the problem when the group count of records is equal to page break, then only the case the next group header displaying with out data .
>
> Much appreciate for your help.
>
> I have attached the report
>
> please go to the record 10103(order number) after the order 10103 page break happend, in the next page 10104 group header comes with no data, then click next page there group header 1014 and data appears. i dont know why the extra group header comes with no data.
>
> This is happend only when the group count of records and page break number are equall.
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
  • Attachment: group.zip
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 238 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893773 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See attached.

Jason

> Hi
>
> I am facing the problem when the group count of records is equal to page break, then only the case the next group header displaying with out data .
>
>
>
> please go to the record 10103(order number) after the order 10103 page break happend, in the next page 10104 group header comes with no data, then click next page there group header 1014 and data appears. i dont know why the extra group header comes with no data.
>
> This is happend only when the group count of records and page break number are equall.
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 244 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893776 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See attached.

Jason

> Hi
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 229 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893777 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See attached.

Jason

> Hi
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 202 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893782 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See attached.

Jason

> Hi
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 231 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893787 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See attached.

Jason

> Hi
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 249 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893788 is a reply to message #893174] Thu, 05 July 2012 13:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

See attached.

Jason

> Hi
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
>
    (Size: 2.86KB, Downloaded 244 times)
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #893912 is a reply to message #893788] Fri, 06 July 2012 02:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason Weathersby

Sorry for late reply

i have a requirement that in a page if the group has more then 20 records then the page break happend,

so pagebreak interval is 20.

if we set page break interval to 0 then the page break happend ?

Please advice on this issue

Regards,
Ramesh Pulipati
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #894072 is a reply to message #893912] Fri, 06 July 2012 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If you put the interval to 0 you will get a page break when the space is
used determined by the master page size. You may want to upgrade to one
of the newer versions which appear to handle this scenario better.

Jason

On 7/5/2012 10:29 PM, ramesh ramesh wrote:
> Hi Jason Weathersby
>
> Sorry for late reply
>
> i have a requirement that in a page if the group has more then 20
> records then the page break happend,
>
> so pagebreak interval is 20.
>
> if we set page break interval to 0 then the page break happend ?
>
> Please advice on this issue
>
> Regards,
> Ramesh Pulipati
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #894165 is a reply to message #894072] Sat, 07 July 2012 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

If we put page interval as 0 then no header is repeating, but if the group has more data, it will print in two or more pages based on the group size, after printing user not able to estimate the order of pages, user only identified when the footer has page number display.

I am not able to migrate to next version.

Is there any way to resolve this issue ?

Is it possible to write the script or java code to resolve this issue ?

Much appreciate for your help

Regards,
Ramesh
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #894465 is a reply to message #894165] Mon, 09 July 2012 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Jason,

Can you please advise on this issue

Regards,
Ramesh
Re: birt when group count is equal to page break in next page extra group header appears with no dat [message #894641 is a reply to message #894465] Mon, 09 July 2012 23:25 Go to previous message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

In the example attached, if you set the page break interval to 0, create two aggregations on the table (one running count on the group and one total count on the group), and put the following script, which uses the two aggregations to handle your in group page breaking, in the onCreate of your detail row, it should stop the repeated headers and if you put a page number auto text in the masterpage footer, it'll be correct, as well. Leave the groups page break after set to always excluding last.

if (row["GroupCount"] == row["GroupRunningCount"]){

}
else{
if(row["GroupRunningCount"]%10 == 0){
this.getStyle().pageBreakAfter = "always";
}
}

Hope this helps.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Previous Topic:How to add a value in dynamic filter to select all the values of that filter
Next Topic:how to change excel sheet name?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 14:10:49 GMT 2024