Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Working with a UML subset in Papyrus
Working with a UML subset in Papyrus [message #893168] Tue, 03 July 2012 01:49 Go to next message
Alfredo Motta is currently offline Alfredo MottaFriend
Hello everybody,

for my project I need to "personalize" Papyrus so that it only creates models inside a certain subset of UML instead of the entire UML.
Do I need to create a UML profile?
The user interface should display only the options related to that subset (for example if I cannot deal with activity diagrams I do not want to see activity diagram in the menu for creating a new UML element)

Thank you for your help Smile
Re: Working with a UML subset in Papyrus [message #893195 is a reply to message #893168] Tue, 03 July 2012 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Alfredo,

Papyrus offers a few tools to customize the user interface. However, not everything is supported yet. Here's what you can do:

- Remove a whole diagram: uninstall the corresponding plug-in. No other way. Each diagram provides its own wizards and toolbar to create new diagrams, so it is not possible to simply "hide" them.
- Restrict the elements you can create in a diagram: Not fully supported. First, you will need a new Palette customization. However, you also have to forbid the elements creation in the "New child" menu from the ModelExplorer, and the "Create element" dialogs from the properties view. Customizing the properties view will probably difficult in this case, as this isn't really supported. Customizing the New child menu from the ModelExplorer is not supported at all. You can also create your own kind of diagram, which will give you at lot more opportunities, but to do so, you'll probably want to extend an existing one. Which means you can't uninstall it, and you'll probably still see the default UML ones.

I don't think UML Profiles will help you in this case.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Working with a UML subset in Papyrus [message #893381 is a reply to message #893195] Tue, 03 July 2012 18:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Camille,

thank you for your help.
What about checking after the model is created that it is actually included in the subset that I am considering? You think it would be easier?

thank you
Re: Working with a UML subset in Papyrus [message #893839 is a reply to message #893381] Thu, 05 July 2012 16:05 Go to previous message
any suggestion?
Previous Topic:Cannot move diagrams within a model
Next Topic:[SysML] Parametric Diagram in Papyrus 0.9
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:50:32 GMT 2024