Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion
Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #893150] Mon, 02 July 2012 22:20 Go to next message
Victor Pavon is currently offline Victor PavonFriend
Hi,

I have developed a Dicoverer for struts-config files. I have used the MoDisco WebApp Discoverer as guideline. When I use the method getDescXmlVersion to determinate the version of dtd or xsd file to define the struts-config file the return version is a empty string. I look the code and I see that the string use to look for name dtd file is "http:/java.sun.com". It is correct change this string by de variable dtdUrl.

Thank you very much,
Best regard, Víctor Pavón.

Víctor Pavón,
Research at Quercus Software Engineering Group
University of Extremadura, Spain.
Re: Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #893432 is a reply to message #893150] Wed, 04 July 2012 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Hi Pavon,

you are right, the "http:/java.sun.com" string should not appear in AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion(). The dtdUrl parameter must be used instead, like in the other parts of the method. If you have some time to fill a bugzilla in MDT-MoDisco, it would be welcome.

About developping one Struts discoverer,you may have a look at https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=308176. Some old discoverer was written against 0.8 MoDisco framework but there is still work to do to achieve and contribute some complete discoverer. May be some parts of the attached code will be of interest for you.

Regards,
Fabien

----------------------------------------------------
Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
Re: Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #893887 is a reply to message #893432] Thu, 05 July 2012 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Fabien,

I fill a bugzilla this is https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384408.

Thank you very much for the information about StrutsConfig discoverer.

Best Regard
Victor

Víctor Pavón,
Re: Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #931854 is a reply to message #893887] Wed, 03 October 2012 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Fabien,

I have been watching the meta-models for the struts config archives, which are defined on struts-config discoverer. And I have a doubt, did you generate de meta-model converting .dtd into .xsd and then use EMF? or did you create the meta-models manually?

Best regard, Victor.

Víctor Pavón,
Re: Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #941438 is a reply to message #931854] Fri, 12 October 2012 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Fabien Giquel is currently offline Fabien GiquelFriend
Hi Victor,

emf struts-config definitions were produced by automatic conversion dtd->xsd

regards,
Fabien.

Fabien GIQUEL
R&D Engineer
Mia-Software
rue Nina Simone
44000 NANTES
Re: Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #948647 is a reply to message #941438] Thu, 18 October 2012 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Fabien,

thank you for your answer. I have finished the development of StrutsConfig discoverer and its work with MoDisco 0.10, it is possible publish it in MoDisco? If it is possible what I have to do?

regard,
Victor.

Víctor Pavón,
Re: Method AbstractDeploymentDescriptorDiscoverer.getDescXmlVersion [message #953901 is a reply to message #948647] Mon, 22 October 2012 16:21 Go to previous message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello Victor,

Thanks for your interesting proposition of contribution.
The detailed instructions about the MoDisco contribution rules are available from http://wiki.eclipse.org/MoDisco#How_to_contribute_your_code.3F.
I encourage you to strictly comply to all of them, so that the contribution process can then be as straightforward as possible.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
--------------------------------------------------------
Previous Topic:KDM model edit and editor plugins missing
Next Topic:kdm to uml (still) fails
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 11:05:16 GMT 2024