Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » GMF (Graphical Modeling Framework) » How to execute an action after the diagram is loaded or a connection/link is deleted(execute action programatically)
How to execute an action after the diagram is loaded or a connection/link is deleted [message #893138] Mon, 02 July 2012 20:31 Go to next message
Che Bumagat is currently offline Che BumagatFriend
Hi GMF Experts,

I need your help. I just like to ask how do you call an action/command after all the figures in the diagram is loaded and also call a command after you create or delete a figure.

Basically, what I would like to call is the Validate function in GMF. I want to validate the model after the diagram is loaded, a figure is created and deleted.

Is this possible? what code needs to be changed?

Thanks again!

Che
Re: How to execute an action after the diagram is loaded or a connection/link is deleted [message #893242 is a reply to message #893138] Tue, 03 July 2012 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

you can override createPartControl in xxxDiagramEditor to react on the diagram opening. There you can also start listening to changes by using a ResourceSetListener.

TransactionUtil.getEditingDomain(getDiagram().getElement()).addResourceSetListener(YourResourceSetListenerImplementation)

Ralph
Re: How to execute an action after the diagram is loaded or a connection/link is deleted [message #893395 is a reply to message #893242] Tue, 03 July 2012 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Ralph!

I was able to run Validation when the diagram opens. It works perfect.

However, for my listener implementation, I extended the ResourceSetListenerImpl and I see during runtime, when I added a new line/connection in the diagram, the method resourceSetChanged(Event) is being called 5 times. There are also different combinations of notifications in the event object.

If I put the code to call my ValidationAction here, it will be called 5x.

Would you know if there's a better way to do it? Or am I doing it incorrectly?

Basically, I'd like to call Validation everytime I create or delete a line in the diagram.

Thanks!
Che
Re: How to execute an action after the diagram is loaded or a connection/link is deleted [message #893674 is a reply to message #893395] Thu, 05 July 2012 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Gerbig is currently offline Ralph GerbigFriend
Hi,

you need to filter for the notification you are interested in (event.getNotifications()). You can do this by something like this:

if (notification.getNotifier() instanceof AAAA)
  execute validation;

You can also listen to changes in an EMF model via an EContentAdapter (http://wiki.eclipse.org/EMF/Recipes#Recipe:_Use_EContentAdapter_to_receive_notifications_from_a_whole_containment_tree) or by overriding the handleNotification method of you EditParts. However, these will have the same problem of getting called multiple times.

Ralph
Re: How to execute an action after the diagram is loaded or a connection/link is deleted [message #894084 is a reply to message #893674] Fri, 06 July 2012 14:55 Go to previous message
Thanks Ralph!

Yeah, I think I'm just going to add the filters.

Thanks again for your help! Smile
Previous Topic:Difference Canvas vs. Diagram
Next Topic:complex link mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:29:49 GMT 2024