Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Cannot find Window Builder after installing it
Cannot find Window Builder after installing it [message #892910] Sun, 01 July 2012 19:47 Go to next message
Stu Heinrich is currently offline Stu HeinrichFriend
I started off with Eclipse Classic Indigo x64 with ADT plugin installed and working.
When I installed the Window Builder Pro through the add new software feature, the installation went smoothly, but after restarting eclipse there were no menu items for the window designer added, and moreover, I could not run android projects and the ADT menu items had disappeared.

I removed Eclipse, reinstalled the ADT, got that working again, reinstalled Window Builder Pro and the same thing happened.

I figured maybe Window Builder tools was incompatible with Indigo x64 so again I tried by installing Eclipse Juno for Java. I thought maybe Window Builder Pro would come pre-installed but didn't see it. I checked existing plugins and Swing Designer WAS listed...though as I said don't see any menu items for it. So, I installed Window Builder tools again, through the Install new software feature of Eclipse, using the link here for Juno:

http www eclipse org windowbuilder download php

Again, installation goes smoothly, but after restarting, I see no new menu options for the window builder.

So what's the deal, how can I get window builder in eclipse for java (swing)?
Re: Cannot find Window Builder after installing it [message #900019 is a reply to message #892910] Fri, 03 August 2012 13:25 Go to previous message
Novak Boskov is currently offline Novak BoskovFriend
Did you find a solution?I have same problem.No menu items.
Previous Topic:Source Code
Next Topic:Garbled pixels on tab names in Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:42:26 GMT 2024