Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Main menu in SWT client(Main menu in SWT client)
Main menu in SWT client [message #892749] Fri, 29 June 2012 13:26 Go to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

started with Juno. Created a new project and started the applications. In the SWT client there was a main menu with file, tool and help.

The second time I started the application the menu is gone. Is this known behaviour?

Regards Bertin

Re: Main menu in SWT client [message #892904 is a reply to message #892749] Sun, 01 July 2012 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Tried to reproduce - unfortunately without success. Is that a reproducible behavior on your environment?

Could you give me some more information about your environment (OS, Java version)?

- andreas
Re: Main menu in SWT client [message #893047 is a reply to message #892904] Mon, 02 July 2012 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Question: Should the main menu automatic be visible or not? Now I have one environment (windows 7 java 1.6.0_22 ) where it is visible again, but on my second (windows 7 java 1.6.0_31-b05) it is not. The applications are not identical. The first one already has some additional forms, the second one is still empty. Is showing the menu dependent on the contents of the application or any other aspects?

Trying to find out why it is not there.

Regards Bertin
Re: Main menu in SWT client [message #893078 is a reply to message #893047] Mon, 02 July 2012 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
The main menu should be always visible (except the 'getConfiguredVisible' is set to false on a certain menu). Is your project a migration project from earlier Scout releases?
A good place to start with debugging is: '<your app name>.ui.swt.application.menu.DesktopMenuBar#getContributionItems'. This method should be called several times during startup and return contribution items with the last calls.

I'm interested in any news;)

-andreas
Re: Main menu in SWT client [message #896547 is a reply to message #893078] Wed, 18 July 2012 19:37 Go to previous message
Hi,

my project is a new project. If I start the application the menu is most of the times not visible (sometimes it is). At start up an outline is showed. When I select an item in my table view, the main menu is shown.

regards Bertin

Previous Topic:Table status bar
Next Topic:Login Box default user name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:05:28 GMT 2024