Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EGL Development Tools » EDT with RBD(Download EDT when RBD installed)
EDT with RBD [message #892734] Fri, 29 June 2012 12:04 Go to next message
Nathan Reed is currently offline Nathan ReedFriend
Windows XP
Currently: RBD 8.0.1.3
RichUI
Current DB: MS SQL Server
Desired DB: MYSQL

I have a small RichUI project with a couple of dedicated service programs for database access. All done in RBD EGL.

I am considering migrating to EDT so I can use MYSQL.

I have found discussions regarding the differences between the two and that has been helpful.

I am concerned about how I should approach this since I already have Eclipse installed. For example can (or should) I install a completely new Eclipse for EDT?

I have not been able to find any discussions on this.

Any suggestions, comments, or direction to information regarding this would be appreciated.

Thx,
Nathan Reed
Re: EDT with RBD [message #892756 is a reply to message #892734] Fri, 29 June 2012 13:48 Go to previous message
Brian Svihovec is currently offline Brian SvihovecFriend
Nathan,

You should be able to install EDT into an existing Eclipse 3.6 or Eclipse 3.7 installation, although it is not recommended that you install EDT into the same Eclipse instance as RBD.

You can also install EDT into a new Eclipse installation if you want, or you can download the EDT .8 All in One build, which includes EDT and Eclipse 3.7 - www.eclipse.org/edt/#download

In case you haven't seen the wiki pages on moving code from RBD to EDT, I have included some links here:

wiki.eclipse.org/EDT:How_to_move_RBD_app_to_EDT
wiki.eclipse.org/EDT:The_Differences_between_EDT_0.7.0_and_RBD

-Brian
Previous Topic:Stakeholder Meeting - June 13, 10am EST
Next Topic:EDT 0.8.1 Milestone 3 (of 3) is available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:02:55 GMT 2024