Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Equinox » [p2] How to update document folder (e.g. pdf-files)
[p2] How to update document folder (e.g. pdf-files) [message #892729] Fri, 29 June 2012 11:37 Go to next message
Marc Goldmann is currently offline Marc GoldmannFriend
Hello,

one more question.
My RCP application contains a root directory with several files (pdf and other) in it.
How is it possible to update these files using p2?
Do I have to pull them into one of my plugins or are there better ways?

Thanks for your answers!
BR Marc
Re: [p2] How to update document folder (e.g. pdf-files) [message #892747 is a reply to message #892729] Fri, 29 June 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pascal Rapicault is currently offline Pascal RapicaultFriend
The easiest way to deliver root files (assuming they just need to be placed there and nothing else need to happen there) is to put them into a feature at build time.
This feature would include a folder (e.g. called rootFiles), and then the build.properties would have an entry saying "root=rootFiles". Et voila.

The p2 publisher will take care of creating the necessary IU to unzip those at install time and remove them at uninstall time.

To create an "update", simply repackage all the files in a new version of the feature.
Re: [p2] How to update document folder (e.g. pdf-files) [message #899499 is a reply to message #892747] Wed, 01 August 2012 08:14 Go to previous message
Marc Goldmann is currently offline Marc GoldmannFriend
Thanks Pascal for your answer,

this works fine!
The search term I was missing was "root files".

BR
Marc
Previous Topic:Any way to programmatically change OSGi Framework's configuration
Next Topic:[p2] How to update the launcher?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 14:43:39 GMT 2024