Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » [EMF Compare] Cross-references not added during merge, bug?
[EMF Compare] Cross-references not added during merge, bug? [message #892666] Fri, 29 June 2012 05:22 Go to next message
Oskar van Rest is currently offline Oskar van RestFriend
Hi,

I'm using the StatisticBasedSimilarityChecker for comparing model A (the new one) and B (the old one).

Somehow, after I do a merge, not all cross-references from A show up in B. In particular, it only happens when a new EObject is added to A and this new EObject has one or more cross-references. What happens after a merge is that B contains the new EObject, but without the cross-references. When I do a second match/diff/merge, the cross-references suddenly do show up (because model B now contains the EObject with the cross-references).

I don't have this problem if I use the EcoreIDSimilarityChecker or the XMIIDSimilarityChecker (by changing the MatchOptions). However, I can't use these two in my situation.

Is this a bug? What can I do to work around it?

Regards,
Oskar
Re: [EMF Compare] Cross-references not added during merge, bug? [message #895654 is a reply to message #892666] Sat, 14 July 2012 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is there anybody who has experienced the same problem? Still haven't found a solution to it.
Re: [EMF Compare] Cross-references not added during merge, bug? [message #900269 is a reply to message #892666] Mon, 06 August 2012 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
Hi Oskar,

I Must admit I can't really understand why the behavior of the merge is different when you use the "ID" checkers other than the differences being... different. i.e. : when you use the ID checkers we detect more/less differences than when you use the similarity checker, and thus don't merge the same things.

Whatever the case, the merge operation not properly copying everything is a bug. Please raise a bug on the bugzilla ( https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EMF&component=Compare ) to track this. Do note though that the 1.x version of EMF Compare is now the maintenance stream as we are going forward with 2.0. It can only be used for models with IDs (XMI:ID or ID attribute) for now... but you might be interested to try the first release candidate if you are in this case : http://download.eclipse.org/modeling/emf/compare/updates/milestones/2.0/S201208031505/ (this is an update site to use withing Eclipse).

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: [EMF Compare] Cross-references not added during merge, bug? [message #928930 is a reply to message #900269] Mon, 01 October 2012 04:44 Go to previous message
Hi Laurent,

The forum notifications were turned of somehow, so I only saw your message today.
After testing it again, it now also seems to fail for the EcoreIDSimilarityChecker, but not for the XMIIDSimilarityChecker.

I filed a bug report: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=390788

Will try EMF Compare 2.0 now.

Regards,
Oskar
Previous Topic:[XCore] CompoundXtextEditorCallback - Was configured with another client or not configured at all
Next Topic:CDO p2 Repository broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 09:32:09 GMT 2024