Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » How to remove windowbuilder components?(I am new to windowbuilder. and i want to use just rendering engine of WB)
How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #892651] Fri, 29 June 2012 01:46 Go to next message
Muhammad Tahir is currently offline Muhammad TahirFriend
Hello everyone,

I am going to design a software which can render the UI of exsisting java source files.
Thanks to WindowBuilder that it provides this functionality.

But because this is my first time to modify WB, so I have some problems and questions.

1. Can I run window builder standalone?
  2. Can I just use the basic engine for just disply UI from exsisting java file? No other functionality.

Actually i do not need and drag and drop or making new components. I just want windowbuilder to show the GUI and when I click on any component of GUI it will show me its properties thats all.

Can any one hepl me out in this? I will be really greatfull. Thanks
Re: How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #892762 is a reply to message #892651] Fri, 29 June 2012 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
1) That depends on what you mean by standalone. WindowBuilder is an Eclipse plugin, so it needs to be installed into Eclipse. You could get away with a very stripped down version of Eclipse which would effectively leave you with a "standalone" WB editor that would not do much else (you could still edit Java code though).

2) You can certainly use WB to just render a UI. Jut avoid adding of modifying any of the widgets. Setting the editor into split screen mode is quite effective for this as you can see the source and the rendered UI at the same time.
Re: How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #892935 is a reply to message #892762] Mon, 02 July 2012 03:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Eric Clayberg for your guidance. Actually I want to modify WB and test its modified code at runtime.
For example I want to modify switching event of WB form Source to Design view. After implementing my logic at this event I want to run WB and test is it working? How can I do this?
I have tried by importing all the WB packages into my workspace. And after changing the code I run the "org.eclipse.wb.core" plug-in. this opens a new Eclipse instance and many exceptions are there. I can't find this working properly.
I really appreciate your support.
Re: How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #892945 is a reply to message #892935] Mon, 02 July 2012 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now I have tried to run WindowBuilder form Tests packages. I have opened plugin.xml file and run this by pressing play icon on top right of window. New Eclipse instance has started and i have created new java class with JFrame. After switching this class into Design mode i have got the following exception

eclipse.buildId=M20120208-0800
java.version=1.6.0_20
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide
Command-line arguments: -product org.eclipse.platform.ide -data D:\Projects\GUIRender\CCJK/../runtime-EclipseApplication -dev file:D:/Projects/GUIRender/CCJK/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.pde.core/Eclipse Application/dev.properties -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -consoleLog

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.resources 2 10035 2012-07-02 14:03:29.439
!MESSAGE The workspace exited with unsaved changes in the previous session; refreshing workspace to recover changes.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-07-02 14:03:34.005
!MESSAGE Keybinding conflicts occurred. They may interfere with normal accelerator operation.
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.jface 2 0 2012-07-02 14:03:34.005
!MESSAGE A conflict occurred for CTRL+3:
Binding(CTRL+3,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(com.test.email.openMessage,Open Message Dialog,
Open a message dialog,
Category(com.test.email.category,Mail,null,true),
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
Binding(CTRL+3,
ParameterizedCommand(Command(org.eclipse.ui.window.quickAccess,Quick Access,
Quickly access UI elements,
Category(org.eclipse.ui.category.window,Window,null,true),
org.eclipse.ui.internal.quickaccess.QuickAccessHandler@1ee71ac,
,,true),null),
org.eclipse.ui.defaultAcceleratorConfiguration,
org.eclipse.ui.contexts.window,,,system)
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:188)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClassHoldingLock(ClasspathManager.java:626)
at org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass(ClasspathManager.java:608)
Re: How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #892953 is a reply to message #892945] Mon, 02 July 2012 07:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have changed my eclipse.ini file to the following

-startup
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.2.0.v20110502.jar
--launcher.library
plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.1.100.v20110502
-product
org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.product
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256M
-showsplash
org.eclipse.platform
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize
256m
--launcher.defaultAction
openFile
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m
-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m

But Still I am getting the same out of memory exception
Re: How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #893181 is a reply to message #892953] Tue, 03 July 2012 06:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have Fixed this problem by changing my eclipse version.
Before i was using
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

But Now I have switched to:

Eclipse IDE for Java Developers
Version: Indigo Service Release 2
Build id: 20120216-1857

Its working now, Thanks for your support
Re: How to remove windowbuilder components? [message #893326 is a reply to message #893181] Tue, 03 July 2012 14:45 Go to previous message
Eric Clayberg is currently offline Eric ClaybergFriend
You always need to make sure that you give Eclipse enough memory to run. The Java Developers distro takes a lot less memory than the one you were using earlier.
Previous Topic:native method
Next Topic:How should I add validation to WindowBuilder-generated data binding?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:11:38 GMT 2024