Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Platform wide DebugOptionsListener
Platform wide DebugOptionsListener [message #892426] Thu, 28 June 2012 08:08 Go to next message
Nirmal SasidharanFriend
Hello,

The OSGi based trace feature is really cool. However, the current implementation (as far as I understand) requires that every bundle writes some boiler plate code to enable tracing (to check if the option is enabled or not etc.). I am planning to move this into a central component and cache the queried options. I can, as recommended, use a DebugOptionsListener to invalidate/update my cache. The problem is that the listener is registered based on the symbolicname of the bundle and only the registered DebugOptionsListener for the particular bundle will be called incase of changes. This of course makes sense. Additionally, is it possible to provide a feature such that I can register a DebugOptionsListener with "*" as symbolicname and it gets invoked for changes in options for any bundle?

For example,
Dictionary<String, Object> props = new Hashtable<String, Object>(4);
			props.put(DebugOptions.LISTENER_SYMBOLICNAME, "*");
			context.registerService(DebugOptionsListener.class.getName(), new OwnDebugOptionsListener(), props);

Or is there a better way of doing this already without having to register listeners for each bundle?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Nirmal
Re: Platform wide DebugOptionsListener [message #893158 is a reply to message #892426] Mon, 02 July 2012 22:59 Go to previous message
Nirmal SasidharanFriend
I added a feature request here:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384093

Sorry incase incase I was being impatient.

Regards,
Nirmal
Previous Topic:unable to create session bean in dynamic web project
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Mozilla extenal browser does not work in Eclipse on Ubuntu
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:51:55 GMT 2024