Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » MoDisco » C/C++ Discoverer(Looking for c/c++ discoverer)
C/C++ Discoverer [message #892358] Wed, 27 June 2012 21:13 Go to next message
Jim Foscue is currently offline Jim FoscueFriend
I'm new to MoDisco and I'm needing to reverse engineer some c/c++ code. Is there a c/c++ discoverer available and how do I get it?

Thanks in advance.
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #892476 is a reply to message #892358] Thu, 28 June 2012 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
Hello,

We currently don't have discovery support for C/C++.
All the available MoDisco components are described from http://wiki.eclipse.org/MoDisco#Reference_Documentation.
Of course, we would welcome every relevant contribution in this area.

Best regards,

Hugo

--------------------------------------------------------
Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #893145 is a reply to message #892476] Mon, 02 July 2012 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Foscue is currently offline Jim FoscueFriend
Do you know if anybody has used a C++ parser to develop a C++ discover?

Thanks,

Jim
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #893205 is a reply to message #893145] Tue, 03 July 2012 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hugo Bruneliere is currently offline Hugo BruneliereFriend
The MoDisco Java metamodel and corresponding model discoverer are based on (and use) JDT.
So a similar approach could be followed for C++: CDT could be used to build a C/C++ metamodel and a related model discoverer.

Hugo

Hugo Bruneliere, PhD
NaoMod team (IMT Atlantique & LS2N-CNRS)
Nantes - France
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #1542197 is a reply to message #892358] Fri, 02 January 2015 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Harald Weiner is currently offline Harald WeinerFriend
Any progress on the development of a C++ reverse engineering discoverer?
How about EMF4CPP?
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #1549723 is a reply to message #892358] Tue, 06 January 2015 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To answer my second question: As far as I have found out from the XText file, EMF4CPP just supports a small subset of C++ (e.g. no namespaces, no support for embedded C or asembler code Confused ).
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #1752995 is a reply to message #1549723] Tue, 31 January 2017 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone coming to this thread over Google and still looking for solutions: it is not possible to develop a C/C++ discoverer by using Xtext and, therefore, no such Xtext DSL for C or C++ exists! The reason for this is simple: Xtext does not support semantic predicates which are required to parse C/C++ ASTs. Please also see https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/441096/, https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/202846/ and https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/640630/
Re: C/C++ Discoverer [message #1783285 is a reply to message #1752995] Sat, 10 March 2018 20:27 Go to previous message
Philip Schröder is currently offline Philip SchröderFriend
Hello,
I am currently doing my C++ code generation from Papyrus UML diagrams using Acceleo; is there any plugin for the reverse way from code to papyrus diagrams by now, and if not, if I would put some work into writing one myself, what would be a good starting point, that EMF4CPP or MoDisco or maybe some completely different Eclipse plugin?
Thank you.
Previous Topic:java2kdm.atl
Next Topic:Java generation bug using MoDisco
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:46:32 GMT 2024