Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [Alf Editor] Where is it ?(Cannot access to the alf editor with Papyrus 0.9 (eclipse juno))
icon5.gif  [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #892279] Wed, 27 June 2012 15:08 Go to next message
Jean Baucher is currently offline Jean BaucherFriend
Hello,

I can't access to the new Alf editor :
It seems to be installed but I can not access it as in the previous version by clicking on the class operation and selecting "Edit Operation >> using ALF Editor".

Thanks for any help.
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #892283 is a reply to message #892279] Wed, 27 June 2012 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hello Jean,

I don't think we ever shipped this editor with Papyrus (Even during milestones). The Operation editor is still available as an Extra plug-in, which can only be retrieved from the SVN repository.

The operation editor (org.eclipse.papyrus.operation.editor.xtext + org.eclipse.papyrus.operation.editor.xtext.ui) relies on Alf, but it is not (currently) part of it.

What do you mean by "previous version" ? Alf wasn't shipped at all with Papyrus, until now.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #892472 is a reply to message #892283] Thu, 28 June 2012 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jean Baucher is currently offline Jean BaucherFriend
actually, after verification, I got Alf from another repository:
"http: www.math.unipd.it/~azovi/CHESS/CHESS_3.1"
The presence of Alf in "preferences>>Embedded Editors" misled me, sorry.
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #987406 is a reply to message #892472] Mon, 26 November 2012 13:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thomas herbert is currently offline thomas herbertFriend
i'm stuck with the same problem. Can't use the alf editor in papyrus. You said the editor can be retrieved from a svn repository. Where do i find that?

Regards and thanks in advance,
Thomas
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #987408 is a reply to message #892279] Mon, 26 November 2012 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For Papyrus Juno (0.9.X on Eclipse 3.8.X / 4.2.X):

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/branches/0.9.X/extraplugins/alf/org.eclipse.papyrus.operation.editor.xtext

http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/branches/0.9.X/extraplugins/alf/org.eclipse.papyrus.operation.editor.xtext.ui

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #987641 is a reply to message #987408] Tue, 27 November 2012 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the links. I checked the folders out (also the feature) copied them into the respective plugin and features folder and restarted eclipse using -clean.

The editor cannot be used still. It also seems that loading the plugins failed. Anyone had the same problem and has a solution at hand?

best regards
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #987642 is a reply to message #987641] Tue, 27 November 2012 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

You should never modify the plugins/ and feature/ folders manually. You should use the Eclipse installation wizard (e.g. on each plug-in: Export / Deployable plug-ins / Install into host)

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #987732 is a reply to message #987642] Tue, 27 November 2012 19:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alright that worked. But now I have again a problem with the dependencies of the org.eclipse.papyrus.operation.editor.xtext and the org.eclipse.papyrus.operation.editor.xtext.ui plugin.

Namely the following plugins are required but could not be found:
org.eclipse.papyrus.alf;bundle-version="0.9.1"
org.eclipse.papyrus.core;bundle-version="0.9.1"
org.eclipse.papyrus.properties.runtime;bundle-version="0.9.1"
org.eclipse.papyrus.alf.ui;bundle-version="0.9.1"
org.eclipse.papyrus.diagram.common;bundle-version="0.9.1"
org.eclipse.papyrus.profile;bundle-version="0.9.1"

I've installed papyrus using the update sites for juno. The plugins were not included. Once again i'm wondering if there exists a repository where i can get those plugins i require. does anyone know help?

best regards

Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #1385953 is a reply to message #987732] Thu, 12 June 2014 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexander R is currently offline Alexander RFriend
Hello,

I'm also trying to install the ALF-Editor and stuck at the same place. Does anyone found an easy way to install the editor in the current Papyrus (for Eclipse Kelper) version?

Regards,
Alex
Re: [Alf Editor] Where is it ? [message #1403510 is a reply to message #1385953] Thu, 24 July 2014 09:04 Go to previous message
Arnaud Cuccuru is currently offline Arnaud CuccuruFriend
Hi,

Some information about this topic are available here: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/677538/

Cheers,

Arnaud
Previous Topic:Content of .di-file in Luna
Next Topic:Alf Editor problem in Keppler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:02:41 GMT 2024