Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [sysml] refine and derive dependencies
[sysml] refine and derive dependencies [message #892226] Wed, 27 June 2012 12:54 Go to next message
Klaas Gadeyne is currently offline Klaas GadeyneFriend
Hi,

this is a repost of an earlier message on the topcased ML, see h ttp://lists.gforge.enseeiht.fr/pipermail/topcased-users/2012-June/017139.html

I was looking for the <<refine>> and <<derive>> dependencies [*] in topcased 5.2 sysml models (more specifically the requirement diagram [**]). Both are part of the uml4sysml subset, and are actually defined in the uml 'standard' profile as stereotypes of the 'abstraction' meta-element. These items are however not accessible from the (standard) palette on the requirement diagram, nor I am able to create an 'abstraction' item from the context menu in the model explorer (and adding the necessary stereotypes later), as should be possible by the spec I think.

The only way I found was to extend the palette of the requirements diagram. However, somehow a plain "refine" or "derive" is not available in the 'standard' "available tools palettes". As the screenshot in attachment illustrates, only refine (-other sysml modelelement-) is available. The result of creating an item from this palette is an abstraction with both the <<refine>> and <<deriveRqt>> stereotypes set, which is obviously not intented.

So the only possible option that seemed left to me was patching the code. It seems that the icons are present, everything is in place and the patch would be very simple (see attach). HOWEVER, I have no papyrus development environment en hence the patch is not tested. Moreover,
- This will probably only work if the UML standard profile is applied by default on each SysML model I guess (Shouldn't this be done anyway to be compliant?)
- I'm probably missing something, since if it were so easy somebody would have done this before, right?

TIA,

Klaas

[*] The same would apply to <<trace>>
[**] I am aware of the fact that the spec defines these dependencies to be applicable to all diagram types, but my main interest for now is the requirement diagram

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 12:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [sysml] refine and derive dependencies [message #1007066 is a reply to message #892226] Mon, 04 February 2013 10:15 Go to previous message
Roch B is currently offline Roch BFriend
Hello,

I'm using Papyrus SDK Binaries (Incubation) - 0.9.1.v201209190809 on the Eclipse Modeling Project, Juno Service Release 1.

In a SysML Requirement Table, I'm trying to specify the traceTo and refinedBy properties of a Requirement. When I double click the traceTo field in the table, I can select a Requirement but it is not added in the traceTo property of the Requirement.

Also, the trace and refine are not available in the palette on a SysML RequirementDiagram.

Thanks
Previous Topic:State diagram
Next Topic:use case diagram not corresponding to model explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:38:40 GMT 2024