Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Rich Client Platform (RCP) » Building Product with maven tycho
Building Product with maven tycho [message #892222] Wed, 27 June 2012 12:42 Go to next message
kosta Mising name is currently offline kosta Mising nameFriend
Hello RCP community.

I have an RCP Project and trying to create a product. With the PDE Bilder everything works fine.
I was trying to do that with maven tycho but didnt have good results.

I have created a product but it seems to be without my current plug-in as jar.

How can I tell maven tycho that I want to have the current project as bundle into my product.
I have also looked about this on internet and found that some people are using parent pom files and project pom files as child of the parent.
Where can I place them into my project since my project pom.xml is on the root project directory.

Thanks in advance for any advice and hint.

Best Regards,
Kosta
Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #892344 is a reply to message #892222] Wed, 27 June 2012 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Timur Achmetow is currently offline Timur AchmetowFriend
Look in the Eclipse Wiki (I cant post links here: Dependency_on_pom-first_artifacts)
Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #892454 is a reply to message #892222] Thu, 28 June 2012 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the link.

Further explanation.

Wenn creating a product in the .product file on the second tab are the dependecies. There I choose all the jars needed for the product and also my onw written one (i.e. com.acme.myplugin).

Wenn I am trying to build that with maven tycho it says "No solution found because the problem is unsatisfiable" pointing to the "com.acme.myplugin" because it can be found on the filesystem. <- Here is my problem. How can this be solved?

The PDE builder has no problem with that. It builds this plug-in before the package is build.

Thanks in advance for any advice and hint.

Best Regards,
Kosta
Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #892518 is a reply to message #892454] Thu, 28 June 2012 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

You can also try your question here: https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/tycho-user

That's what tycho uses for its user community forum.

Later,
PW

Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #892676 is a reply to message #892222] Fri, 29 June 2012 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have tried to post there but I allways get a mail that need to suscribe for that mailinig list, but I did that before. I also got a mail "Welcome to the "tycho-user" mailing list".
Sending after that a message on the given mail address from the welcome mail i got a messages back:
"You must subscribe to this list before posting. Please go to
[link comes here: forum restriction: You cannot use links until you have posted more than 25 messages.] to subscribe to the list,
then try again. Perhaps you are already subscribed using another
email address; if that is the case, please send email to this list
using the email address you've used to subscribe."
Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #892906 is a reply to message #892676] Sun, 01 July 2012 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Kosta, you should subscribe to the mailing list before posting any questions. You didn't complete the subscription process corretly feom the looks of it. IIRC you also have to reply to the welcome email leaving the subject intact.
Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #893008 is a reply to message #892906] Mon, 02 July 2012 09:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got confirm mail then the welcome mail with password. I also could login in on the site where the my userlist info are. When I want to change my password and click on the button some site with bug message appears. After that the password which was sent to me doesnt work any more. Very strange.
Re: Building Product with maven tycho [message #893027 is a reply to message #892222] Mon, 02 July 2012 10:59 Go to previous message
Lars Vogel is currently offline Lars VogelFriend

I also have problems registering for the Tycho mailing list. I opened a bug https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=384028
Previous Topic:Eclipse RCP plugin + embedded Jetty + JSF
Next Topic:IMessageManager inconsistent with Ampersand
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:06:24 GMT 2024