Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » No Customize perspective in Juno ???
No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #892156] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:05 Go to next message
Alessio Pollero is currently offline Alessio PolleroFriend
Hi,
i have just installed the new version of Eclipse (Juno), and i have noticed that clicking with the right button of the mouse on the toolbar i don't get the Customize Perspective MenuItem in the contextual menu, to be more precise i don't get the context menu at all ...

In addition to this i just noticed that is not possible anymore to rearrange the the position of perspective buttons on the top right perspective switch area ...

Why ? Is it a bug or is the wanted behavior ?
Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #892159 is a reply to message #892156] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You can customize the perspective in Window-Customize Perspective...

Regarding the docking behavior, it is a bug. https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=314163
Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #892163 is a reply to message #892159] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alessio Pollero is currently offline Alessio PolleroFriend
And to rearrange the perspective icons dragging them ?
Is it also a bug ?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 09:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #892166 is a reply to message #892163] Wed, 27 June 2012 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Yes it is either..
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=347371
icon9.gif  Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #892362 is a reply to message #892166] Wed, 27 June 2012 21:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raphaël COMBEAU is currently offline Raphaël COMBEAUFriend
I have seen the same problem on my Eclipse Juno.

I have just installed the latest release of Eclipse (Juno) and I am afraid because I can't unlock the toolbars with "Quick Access" or any other options ... In Eclipse Indigo this option works fine but this option doesn't work in Juno.

When you type "toolbars" in the "Quick Access" field, why the option "Lock the Toolbars" in this field doesn't work ???

I didn't find an option to do that.

What is mentioned on the help page in "Rearranging the main toolbar" doesn't work.

I think it's a bug or a regression from Eclipse 3.7 ?

When does this problem should be corrected?

[Updated on: Wed, 27 June 2012 21:47]

Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #892531 is a reply to message #892362] Thu, 28 June 2012 14:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Webster is currently offline Paul WebsterFriend

Both problems are mentioned in the bugs in this thread. As to when they'll get fixed, the bugs that mentioned a defined target milestone will give you an idea. No target milestone means they know it's a problem but haven't scheduled it yet.

PW

Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #898853 is a reply to message #892531] Sat, 28 July 2012 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Enrico R. is currently offline Enrico R.Friend

Hello,

I also wanna customize my perspective, specially the toolbar. It works but:
index.php/fa/10925/0/

as you can see, there are no entries at "Menubar Details" and "Toolbar details" regardless of which category is selected.

I'm not so familiar with Bugzilla, so I have not reported this bug there, maybe someone else has already done it.

Rico

[Updated on: Sat, 28 July 2012 05:04]

Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #899070 is a reply to message #898853] Mon, 30 July 2012 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joseph Carroll is currently offline Joseph CarrollFriend

Enrico-

I will look into this a little today and see what I am able to find. I can say that there is still a mix of commands & actions used by the workbench which may interfere a little. Also, it does not look like all command categories are being reported to the model (mere observation of the live model).

Primarily though, there still isn't a defined "editor" in Eclipse4, this will be one of the major feature enhancements in 4.3.

What I will look into more is the interoperability of 3.x plugins and the 3.x editor through the compatibility layer. There may well be some missing parts on the compatibility layer that are causing your issues. (Assuming you are using the compat layer).

But I'll take a look. Smile

JD
Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #899088 is a reply to message #899070] Mon, 30 July 2012 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Joseph! Smile

The picture in my post is from a standard "Eclipse 4.2 SDK" installation, i don't have installed any Plugins and made ​​no configuration....I've simply started Eclipse selected a new workspace. Nothing more.

Maybe it is relevant.

Thanks for your effort.

Enrico
Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #899400 is a reply to message #899088] Tue, 31 July 2012 17:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Enrico-

Effectively, the issue is that the 'available command groups' points to the old actions registry and not to the model. Thus when the list of menu contributions from the application model is filtered against the selection, all of the elements are filtered out.

I am not familiar enough with the code to solve this issue right now. But this is a valid bug, please file a bugzilla [1] with your general description from above and paste a link to the bug here. I can only speculate, however I wouldn't expect to see any movement on this until 4.2.2 at the earliest (February).

JD

[1] http://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/
Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #899565 is a reply to message #899400] Wed, 01 August 2012 13:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello Joseph,

thanks for the explanation!
I think i understand what this means but i'm also not familiar with the code but finaly i have added a BugReport [1] to Bugzilla. I hope its in the right category, it was my 1st Bugreport for Eclipse so feel free to tell me if it is not at the right place, i will correct whats wrong. Smile

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=386382

[Updated on: Wed, 01 August 2012 13:07]

Re: No Customize perspective in Juno ??? [message #899612 is a reply to message #899565] Wed, 01 August 2012 14:56 Go to previous message

Just updated the bug with my findings, thanks.

IMHO, I doubt this will be addressed before 4.3. There are too many other things that need work. Plus once the workbench model includes a MDialog, the perspective customization dialog will have to undergo a complete refactorization any ways. So it wouldn't make sense to do this twice.

But that is pure speculation, and the fix could end up being very straight forward. We'll see what others have to say! Smile

JD
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4.2 crashes on Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
Next Topic:migrate from eclipse 3.3 to 4
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:23:53 GMT 2024