Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Sapphire » Unsortable lists
Unsortable lists [message #891928] Tue, 26 June 2012 15:38 Go to next message
Etienne Beaumont is currently offline Etienne BeaumontFriend
Hello again,

I have a use case where I have to list a sequence of instructions.
For instance, if I have a bakery model, it would be :

- put the eggs in the bowl
- put the milk in the bowl
- melt the content of the bowl

I reproduce it in a XmlListBinding, with the regular layout, so it is displayed with a sortable column.

The content shouldn't be sortable, as the sequence has no meaning in a different order.

I thought It wouldn't be that important in the final product, but It seems like it generates confusion for the end user...

I can't find a @Sortable(state="false") annotation in Sapphire, does somebody know how I should treat this requirement ?

Thanks in advance ! And sorry for bothering the Sapphire team two days before a release Smile

Etienne
Re: Unsortable lists [message #893113 is a reply to message #891928] Mon, 02 July 2012 16:52 Go to previous message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Column sorting doesn't alter the model, so there wouldn't be an annotation to control this behavior. It is best thought of as a search mechanism. Maybe someone who is authoring the list of instructions wants to see all "put" instructions together to check them for wording consistency. Something like that.

There is currently no means to disable column sorting in the list property editor. If you think that being able to do this would be useful in your scenarios, go ahead and open an enhancement request. We can add means to control this in sdef.

- Konstantin
Previous Topic:Announcing Sapphire 0.5 Release
Next Topic:Regarding 0.5.1 and thanks.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:28:05 GMT 2024